Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the laws that surround gun shows in California. Normally, the law here is that once you buy a firearm you have to wait for 10 days before you can pick it up. Well, whenever I go to gun shows out here I always see people walking out with rifles that they just bought. I would imagine this would violate the 10 day waiting period law, but I did not know if there was some kind of loop hole that would make it so that vendors could avoid this law at gun shows. Doers anyone know what might be going on, or if the laws are different at a gun show?

Thanks.

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
I don't know much about CA gun laws, apart from they are F'd up, but a couple of possibilities come to mind;

is there an exception for private sales?

are they old guns? could be C&R holders.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess some of them could be C&R holders. But the last one I was at I saw a guy walking out with a Ruger 10/22.

I guess maybe they could be private sales...I dont know. California laws are so backwards and upside down I have no idea whats legal and what isn't anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
CA Gunshow Laws: Could be, Shooter 88, that the rifles you see going out were purchased at one show in another location (to say nothing of a dealer's shop), where the paperwork was filled out, and are simply being picked up at another show where the same dealer and customer agreed to make the exchange after the necessary ten businessday waiting period. Perhaps even a month or two after purchase.

I haven't noticed any problem with delivering a gun (rifle or pistol) at one of the shows, as long as it's between the legitmate new owner and the licensed dealer of record.

Perhaps a firearms lawyer could clear this up for us both.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The more i hear about CA gun laws, the happier i am living in CO! No beach though:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts