Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

Been lurking here for a couple of weeks gaining as much knowledge as possible and wanted to say thanks for all the info I have picked up. It's late so straight to the point.

I picked up an XD9 4 inch about 2 weeks ago and have loved shooting ever since. It just fits me so much better than my Ruger. Now at that time I was also considering getting a SC but decided to wait a little while. Well I think my money's right and I'm going to get one early this coming week. The advice I need is if you were in my shoes would you go with the 9 mil in the SC or go with another caliber like the 40 in the SC? Let's here the pro's and con's you've got so I can compare to what I've come up with. Keep in mind the only pistol I have right now is the XD9.

Also does anybody have the Don Hume JIT holser? If so, what can you tell me about the way it carries for concealment. If you can, compare it's attributes to a yaqui style holster. I've got a yaqui that I'm using right now that I had for my ruger but I've alway felt like it carried just a little lower than what I wanted and that it allowed the grip of the gun to fall away from my body just a little too much. Planned usage would be normal concealed carry and also IDPA.

Thanks for any help.

Bryan

·
Registered
94 Posts
Even though I prefer the .40, I'd probably pick up the 9 SC if I were you. It's pretty handy being able to swap mags - plus it's only one kind of ammo you have to bulk up on.

Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If I could do it over again, I would pick up the 9mm vice the 40SW.

The recoil of 40SW is quite snappy in the XDSC although not unmanagable. 9mm is cheaper, and the premium rounds are almost as effective as the 40sw. Follow up shots will be quicker, cheaper to practice with. It would just be more enjoyable with 9mm, as far as range time goes, IMHO.

However, if you haven't shot the 40SW in subcompact, go and try it out. You might enjoy it. Its not unpleasant, just not as pleasant as 9mm IMO.

If you plan on concealing without the Pierce extension, then 9mm is the way to go. Not a great experience shooting 40SW w/ three fingers and a thumb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts