1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
22,351 Posts
6K?!?!?!??!?!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Yeah, they're not cheap. But good grief are they gorgeous. I saw a blued one in a case a few years ago and Mmmmmph.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That price is just nutty.
I know it's custom and all but jeez.. it's still not made out of platinum right?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Shhhheeeeeeeet. If they were any good Joe would have 8 of them.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Shhhheeeeeeeet. If they were any good Joe would have 8 of them.
Wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole. Butt ugly and over priced. (we need a smilie that's puking) :lol:

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole. Butt ugly and over priced. (we need a smilie that's puking) :lol:
I feel fully vindicated!

If they WERE cool you would own one :p

Kidding aside, I agree they are FUGLY. For that kind of cash who wants a billboard? TASTEFUL is what you pay for.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
last months issue of RECOIL discussed these bery guns...and they are completely hand-fitted and $6,000 buys one frame with 2 slide assemblies--one had a railed posterior for red-dots and one does not...

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
last months issue of RECOIL discussed these bery guns...and they are completely hand-fitted and $6,000 buys one frame with 2 slide assemblies--one had a railed posterior for red-dots and one does not...
They could cut that in half and I still wouldn't do it. But, to each his own I guess.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Tastefull 1911's -

The Cabot? Nah.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Besides the billboard and the trigger stars, the Black Diamond one is absolutely gorgeous. I would drop 6k on it.

The on for 10k is very tacky. I wouldnt pay 1k for it.

If I ever go HIGH, HIGH end, Stan Chen Customs would be my choice
Stan Chen Custom Pistols

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They must be junk. So is the cool thing to do is list what guns you have at the bottom of all your posts? I see some do that and some don't. Didn't know if it was something worth doing or not. These cost enough and I can't find a spare mag for my Colt .22 1911 railgun which sucks but I did get 550 rounds of .22lr the other day to have some fun with it if the rain will stop. Only having one mag sucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
They must be junk. So is the cool thing to do is list what guns you have at the bottom of all your posts?

If, you're referring to me, I only have my SA guns listed. I do have "a few" others I could list. ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I see lots of people doing it didn't know if it was the cool thing to do or if more people liked to keep what they have private. Some people seem like they don't like to list the fact they even own a gun these days.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I figured since it was a SA board, I'd list my SA guns. I did the same thing on the Glock board. I personally, wouldn't list all of my guns anywhere. ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
6K+ for a 1911 does seem a bit extreme. Makes me wonder who the hell buys them. I didn't like giving up $1499.99 for my TRP with the Full rail but it does shoot good. It is also a bit heavier than the MC Operator and I like its sights better. Think Cabot lets you try before you buy?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I figured since it was a SA board, I'd list my SA guns. I did the same thing on the Glock board. I personally, wouldn't list all of my guns anywhere. ;)
OK I have thought about it many a times, just never have and not sure if I will then again I live right across from the FBI so they probably know anyway. They built a huge FBI building right behind me when I transferred out for a few years. Not long ago a guy tried to run the gate and get in. It didn't end well for him lol. I liked it better when there were trees there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts