Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a CAA stock saddle on my bushy, you know the cheaper version of a VLTOR.as of this point i havent had any trouble but with things about to change on so many front with AR's and stuff cant be sure they will not come up with some rediculous reason the stock mustt be fixed or whatever.:evil: so im doing homework now.basically im not rich but have a decent stash left after the market has chewed it up and am getting an LWRC as well and have to finish the bushy and outfit the LWRC, so i will have a list for opinions soon:twisted: but i was just curious about this. does the CAA break much easier than the VLTOR?i mean i know that the CAA saddle is the cheaper version of a VLTOR but how much better is the VLTOR? just curious if anyone has had either break :evil:eek:r hold up in a major way:twisted: or whatnot.also the difference between the whole feel, tighter/looser etc... .thanks guys!:mrgreen:

or name your favorite or a suggestion and why.:-D

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
You're comparing a $20 add-on to a stock that was designed in that shape. If all you are going to do is take it to the range and not subject it to hard use, it should be fine.

I have a couple of the CAA saddles on m4 stocks, they now are in the parts box. I have replaced them with VLTORs and LMT SOPMOD stocks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wasnt really comparing them so much as jsut wondering how much better.so maybe i was comparing hell i dont know.i cant remember if the CAA was $20 or $60, when its on its hard to tell how flimsy it might be or not making it hard to tell if its cheap or just lower end. point just being is it worth the difference? is it worth the price?when i finally got to test a shoty with a Knox spec op stock, well now i have one!havent really seen a VLTOR or shot one other than in the case or online. is it worth the $$ is it what you would want,or something like a SOPMOD when the SHTF? i am finishing the bushy and getting the LWRC which comes with a SOPMOD i think.so i just am trying to figure if i need to get the VLTOR for the Bushy at some time as i want them both to be the wife and i's SHTF rifles.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the CAA deal on my MP15. It does improve the cheek weld alot. I dont like the locking mechanism on the tubes.

I have a VLTOR modtock on my SPR build (not done). It is by far better than the CAA. The locking mechanism is really well done. It also has a QD sliing mount that seems sturdy enough, but I havn't used it yet. I like this stock so much that I'm using the lower on my MP15 until I get my build done, or I can sell the MP.

I have not used the LMT SOPMOD stock. Looks really nice. If you are going to have more than one SHTF gun, I would go with both stocks being same/similar with regards to cheek weld, so you can get a proper sight picture without having to adjust in the middle of a life or death situation

·
Registered
559 Posts
the LMT SOPMOD stock is very nice especially for the CR123 battery storage. I luv mine :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts