Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
You would have to register each pistol you plan on putting in this as a short barreled rifle. It is a class III device and each pistol will cost 200.00 for the registration, plus engraving etc.

If you do a search there is some discussion on the topic.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Seems like a spendy toy to me, you have the cost of the pistol, plus the cost of the Roni, and then what do you have when you are done?

Personally, I like the Kel Tec Sub 2000, for around $300

·
Registered
538 Posts
A purely hypothetical query, but are you required to register your sidearm as a SIII to purchase one of these, or can you get one and acquire the registrations and such later?

·
Registered
63 Posts
only avalible for the xd 9... boo

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the website, the carbine conversion thing is the item that needs to be registered. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't mind registering my handgun as a short barreled rifle if I had to. I am sad that it is only for the XD9 though. I sent the company an e-mail asking if they had a model for larger calibers in the works, but no response yet.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
That kit is a stock not a firearm, your pistol is the firearm. You have to register your pistol as a short barreled rifle in order to attach a stock. And each pistol you attach the stock to has to be registered.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I don't see the point to this. its reinventing a wheel you need to jump through hoops and pay through the nose to get.

I would rather buy something off the shelf in a caliber I want with less hassle from the man.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
If it was a whole upper that replaced the barrel with a longer one it would be cool. What's the point of adding a stock to a standard gun?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
So in order to get one of those you need to register your handgun first. Then you can order it? I do not think IL will allow a SRB. I saw something about it being easier if you use a Revocable Trust to register it. What does that do and how does it work?

D

·
0 Posts
IMO, just buying a separate carbine would be easier and ultimately cheaper, although granted, I don't think anything else can accept XD magazines at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The "coming soon" CG1 model claims a legal 16" barrel length. But the pic looks to have a greatly overbored 'barrel'. Or is this the evil black assault rifle "muzzle shroud". Does not appear that this would add any accuracy or velocity being so far over any original barrel bore diameter. I guess the included threaded barrel screws into the muzzle shroud for the 16" total?
Just about any fully legal, inexpensive, pistol caliber carbine already on the market would have to shoot better. IMO

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I think I just thought it was cool looking. Honestly, I think I'd rather just get a nice optic for my AR and stick to my normal minimalism regarding my XD. Maybe if it were $50 and I found $200 laying around on the side walk, I'd buy one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a xd sub compact .40
First post just registered on the forum
So with my xd sc 40 it's great and easy to carry an conceal with the sc 3.8 barrel and shorten handle.
However I've been throwing ideas around about building a convert to a .357 sig carbine I know I can drop in and fit a after market .357 sig barrel no prob but I want feed back on an idea of getting a full 5" .357 sig potted drop in barrel should wrk right? Yes it's gunna over gibthe slide and frame but my idea is to be able to fit my sub compact frame into a carbine conversion kit like the EMA tactical RONI kit. So points are with a standard drop in barrel will the 5" barrel work with the sub frame and then another point is will all fit in a carbine kit with out doing any frame work.

Another question and would appreciate feedback is can I take my lower receiver of my sub compact 40 use it with a new full length slide and .357 barrel and any other parts needed would the lower piece wrk and what all parts would I need to build it up to a 5" .357 sig and would it just be easier to buy a full size gun after all the parts and and money ? Prolly through a lotta random stuff around but if u can get what I'm saying and have any input let me know basically my ideas where can my sub compact wrk with a carbine kit and can I enhance my sub compact to a full size with out spending as much as a new gun would be

1 - 17 of 17 Posts