Keep my C&R or Dump it.

• Keep it.

• Dump it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My C&R is up for renewal and I'm really struggling with weather I should keep it or just not renew it. I've not bought any C&R firearms in quite a while. When I do find something interesting the price is sky high IMHO and 99 times out of 100 they're "out of stock" anyway so I'm not really don't see what good having my C&R is doing for me.
Being unemployed my wife and I have to watch every penny and $30 bucks even for 3 years is just money that could be better used somewhere else rather then on a C&R that I don't use.
I just really don't see a logical reason to keep it. So, what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
It seems to me you've answered your own question.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
30,890 Posts
I've been in a C&R acquisition slump myself, but I opted to renew mine... figured it was less hassle to keep the F03 than let it lapse and re-apply at some future point. The money involved is not huge, and - who knows - I might come across something special (C&R) that I just have to have, and I'm ready to make the purchase.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the one hand I did go to all the trouble of getting my C&R all those years ago so it'd be a good idea to keep it but on the other hand I've not used it in years either and currently have no money to buy anything with it and the things I see listed are IMHO way over priced. I could add a few bucks to what they're asking for some of the C&R rifles and pistols and pick up a nice, used rifle or pistol from a private sale and have something that'll shoot a more available round instead of those odd ball rounds that can sometimes be hard to find.
I'm really trying to kick this around so I can make the right choice.:confused:

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Can you use it to make back the 30 bucks it will cost...
In fact, he can. Just needs to apply for a dealer's license from MidwayUSA and Brownells, and he can save quite a bit on certain purchases. I've saved many times the cost of my license by getting dealer accounts. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
30,890 Posts
Can you use it to make back the 30 bucks it will cost...
In fact, he can. Just needs to apply for a dealer's license from MidwayUSA and Brownells, and he can save quite a bit on certain purchases. I've saved many times the cost of my license by getting dealer accounts. Hope this helps.
Yep. Generally a single purchase, maybe two, and you're ahead of the game.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
You're unemployed, and you've indicated that $30 can make a difference elsewhere. You also indicated that you're generally not using C&R license. Letting it lapse and going through the process again when you're in a more stable place is likely the more responsible way to go. Whether or not you can make money on the license is speculative on you having the extra money to spend in the first place.

Having the option of buying C&R weapons and getting them shipped to your house is great. It makes for an enjoyable hobby. Having food on the table is necessary. You and your wife can't eat a C&R license, the electric company won't accept a C&R license to pay the bill, and the car won't run on antique rifles...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really think I'm just not going to renew it. I'm not really into firearms like I use to be, the price of C&R guns has gone through the roof and I'd rather spend the money on some stuff for my computers or the XD9 that I already have rather then spend it on a C&R that I just won't use. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Premium Member
30,890 Posts
I really think I'm just not going to renew it. I'm not really into firearms like I use to be, the price of C&R guns has gone through the roof and I'd rather spend the money on some stuff for my computers or the XD9 that I already have rather then spend it on a C&R that I just won't use. Thanks for the replies guys.
Got to do what makes sense for you... good for you, Frank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Midway no longer gives any dealer discounts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts