Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is any listing or website to find what firearms become C&R eligible in 2009 if any.
I don't know when Batfe announces that stuff.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess not... at the mercy of the Batfe eh?

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
? what is C&R
Curio and Relic. It means any firearm produced at least 50 years ago that is prudent for a private collection, and not considered on par with modern arms or currently used in a military or police capacity as such. With a C&R license, which currently runs $30 for 3 years IIRC, you can have arms shipped directly to you much in the manner that a class 1 dealer would. The only caveats are that you are not authorized to resell the firearms you purchase except to augment your collection, and you have to keep a bound book of all C&R related firearm purchases.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Someone tell me if I'm reading this right:

Armalite, AR-18, selective fire rifle, cal. .223, prod. by Armalite, Costa Mesa, CA.

Um. So I can get an AR-18 sent to my door? I have a C&R.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Armalite, AR-18, selective fire rifle, cal. .223, prod. by Armalite, Costa Mesa, CA.

The AR-18 still falls under the regulations of the NFA.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts

Yes, if you jump through all the other hoops to own a full-auto gun.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am still wondering what the BATFE will allow to be imported and such for C&R in 2009. I don't think there are any pre-ww2 surpluses that are untapped and everything post ww2 till 1958 is mostly full auto. should be interesting what they come up with ... like the CETME.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts