Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the story I currently live in a state that you can't purchase 30 round mags or have them shipped here but you can posses them. So I'm leaving for a trip in a few weeks and told my cousin I was ordering ammo for our shoot and new 30 round mags shipped to his house since I can't have them shipped here. He told me not to worry about mags he would give me some of his. Apparently when the assault rifle ban was about to take effect he ordered 120, yes thats 120, 30 round mags. Which have never used. So I asked what brand he said couldn't remember it was something like LLC Products. I googled what he mentioned and the only thing I found near that was C-Products LLC mags. I shot him a text and he said yea thats the ones.

First question, did C-Products make mags back then?
If so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order new Magpul Gen III Self Leveling Followers or do i need them with C-Products mags? Also should I be concerned about the springs? Or just run them as is?
Any advice and info is welcome...

·
Premium Member
37,682 Posts
C product has been around for sometime, so yes I think that they made mag back then.

As for the followers it comes down to how he ordered the mag you can get a cheap mag or upgrade to the no tilt follower. C product at one point (most of the time) made mags for the US military

Springs should be ok as long as he didn't have them loaded for all this time.

C product mag are metal and kind of heavy (metal vs plastic) so if you will be loading them up and head across country you need to order some plastic mag but if you are just going to the range or even 3 gun shooting these mags are great.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Be aware that C-Products was bought by ASC LLC and there were some issues filling orders during the transition. Haven't ordered anything since the company was sold so I have no idea how things are under ASC.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Cproducts was not in business in 1994.

If the mags were made prior to Sept 1994, they also will NOT have magpul followers because they weren't in business then.

And they will not have the newer green followers in them because they didn't exist then either.

Unless your cousin swapped them more recently.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok he checked his mag surplus. He does have a ton of C-Products mags. But he also has "Mag USA" and "Triple K mags" which I think are the pre ban.
So which should I get?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
mag usa are imported. They only came from cdnn investments and keepshooting.com that I am aware of.

And they're not preban either.

Triple K has been in business for more than 50 years. I've never seen a TripleK AR/M16 magazine though. So if you can find one, aside from being rare, probably would be preban.

When you look at the mags, make sure you look for a possible date stamp or LEO/Mil/Export restrictions anywhere on the body or floorplate (someplace visible).

If the magazine is stamped, or date stamped after Sept 13, 1994, it is not a preban magazine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts