Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a 4" XD-S 9mm, and the local shops don't really have any right now, or their prices are way higher than what I've found on-line. The thing is, I doubt it would arrive and be transferred to me at the FFL before the end of October.

So, with regards to the free magazine deal going on... what is my purchase date? The day I order (which will be reflected on the packing slip / receipt), or the day it gets transferred to me at the FFL? I would assume it is the day I order, but just wondered if anyone knew for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Just read the offer. You must purchase before the 31st. If you order it tomorrow, let's say, that is your purchase date as long as it is paid for tomorrow. It wouldn't matter when you actually took possession of it. You should be good. You must purchase it by that date. It doesn't say you must possess it by that date.

Offer valid on purchase of any NEW Springfield Armory® pistol purchased between August 1, 2014 - October 31, 2014

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just read the offer. You must purchase before the 31st. If you order it tomorrow, let's say, that is your purchase date as long as it is paid for tomorrow. It wouldn't matter when you actually took possession of it. You should be good. You must purchase it by that date. It doesn't say you must possess it by that date.

Offer valid on purchase of any NEW Springfield Armory® pistol purchased between August 1, 2014 - October 31, 2014
This is what I am thinking. I have taken advantage or rebate offers from several manufacturers from an online purchase and they only cared about the date on the receipt from the retailer, not the date on the receipt from the FFL transfer or the date on the Form 4473.

·
Registered
66 Posts
BTW, OP, grabagun.com has the XD9 essentials package for $344.99 shipped right now.

Also, I ordered my XD9SC ess. from them Tuesday morning and it is on the truck for delivery today according to UPS.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
For a manufacturer deal, I think they require a dated receipt anyway.

But technically, you don't own it until you're cleared to pick up the gun, but I'd just say the actual purchase date to get the mags.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased a XD9 two weeks ago. I hopefully will be able to take possession by Christmas as I do not have a permit as of yet. Submitted the paperwork now its a waiting game.

I submitted a copy of my receipt for the promo (as required) and got the approval. Waiting for the tracking info ( its been over 10 days ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts