Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now am going to buy an AR15 since the very real possibility of another AW ban is on the horizon.

I don't have the time to build my own, I'd like to go out and purchase a very good and very reliable AR15 that is ready to go out the door.

What companies should I look at? Armalite? Rock River? Bushmaster? Colt? Stag?

I'm ready to purchase immediately, just need some input/info from those more informed than I.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Try Rock River Arms( if you can find one), S&W MP 15, Stag Arms. I had an Olympic Arms that was a good rifle for the money also look at DPMS. Most of the rifles can be obtained for $1100 or less depending on how they're accessorized. Also try and buy one from an individual if possible. You should get a better deal.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Just expect to get raped. The prices on EVERYTHING are going to go up soon. Well, maybe not accessories. Just magazines, guns, and ammunition. I'd just pay it within reasonable means.

Earlier this week CMMG lower receivers were $110. Tonight they are $150. Tomorrow morning they will be $180-230.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
I now am going to buy an AR15 since the very real possibility of another AW ban is on the horizon.

I don't have the time to build my own, I'd like to go out and purchase a very good and very reliable AR15 that is ready to go out the door.

What companies should I look at? Armalite? Rock River? Bushmaster? Colt? Stag?

I'm ready to purchase immediately, just need some input/info from those more informed than I.

Thank you all in advance.
Well the days of deals are far behind us now. You have mentioned quite a few good ones. I am partial to Armalite because of their quality / life time warranty / excellent customer service. I have owned a Bushmaster which went bang every time and was fairly accurate. If you are looking at a standard rifle offered by many mfg's I would consider the three points I mentioned to be more important than saving a few bucks here and there.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I'm working on getting 4 lowers as we speak. I shopped around and called places all over the country and several owners told me that prices were going up. Demand is crushing production right now so prices are going thru the roof.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did my reasearch and it was between RRA and DPMS. I got the DPMS ap4 and I'm glad I did. Price was right and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
CMMG or RRA

Either one is a great choice.

I have both. :p

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'm working on getting 4 lowers as we speak. I shopped around and called places all over the country and several owners told me that prices were going up. Demand is crushing production right now so prices are going thru the roof.
If this is true ... I've got even more bad news. I've got rumor that the manufactures, CMMG and a few others are actually cutting back production because they know the splurge is from the election and it'll cool off in a couple of weeks, possibly. So this is just going to increase prices for a long, long time. I'm going to have a few extras probably so if anyone is in desperate need, you know where to find me.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I have been looking into the DPMS Sportical in 5.56 and the 308 does anyone have either and how are they?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I went with Stag 1R. I love this AR! I was going to go with DPMS, but I have a cop buddy who got me an unbeatable deal with Stag (police and friends discount). I really hope prices don't jack up because I am getting an AK tomorrow and that would really suck!
Here is my Stag.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am sure IF you can even find a ak the prices will be pretty high, because alot of people said IF obama won they would get one so there are going to be a few people looking for them.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Well the days of deals are far behind us now. You have mentioned quite a few good ones. I am partial to Armalite because of their quality / life time warranty / excellent customer service. I have owned a Bushmaster which went bang every time and was fairly accurate. If you are looking at a standard rifle offered by many mfg's I would consider the three points I mentioned to be more important than saving a few bucks here and there.
+1 on Armalite!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have a s&w m&p15t, it is an incredable weapon, comes with the accesories that you would have to put on most other manufacturer's ar's and right out of the box it is extremely accurate. myself and other owners i know regularly shoot sub .75 groups at 100 yrds. with the flip up sights. imho.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
NAHC LIFE MEMBER

WE CAN ONLY BE WHAT WE GIVE OURSELVES THE POWER TO BE...

·
Registered
193 Posts
+1 for the S/W.

I have a MP15 that this forum recently inspired me to purchase and I love it. I'm waiting on my UTG quad rails to come in and then I can post pics.

By the way, thanks to all of you in this section for the inspiration to finally get an "evil black gun."

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
UncleBuck, I too am just starting out with respect to AR-15s. So today I went window shopping and came away thinking the Armalite was better based on reliability and accuracy. What I don't fully understand is things like the front A2 sight. If the rifle comes with that is it removeable? If not, can I mount other sights without having to remove it? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
cmmg is GREAT

·
Registered
366 Posts
+1 on the S&W MP15
I recently bought the flat top with flip up BUIS and an Eotech. Very accurate and no problems in over 2000 rounds fired. BTW I paid under $1200 for rifle and Eotech NIB at a local gunshow

·
Registered
127 Posts
UncleBuck, I too am just starting out with respect to AR-15s. So today I went window shopping and came away thinking the Armalite was better based on reliability and accuracy. What I don't fully understand is things like the front A2 sight. If the rifle comes with that is it removeable? If not, can I mount other sights without having to remove it? Thanks.
A2 will be an upper where the sight and carry handle are "not" removeable. Look for an A4 upper if you want a flat top.

For the record, I'd recommend getting the removeable handle even if you think you want to stick with irons. It's easer if you change your mind about optics later on, and will be easier to sell if you ever decide to get rid of it.

Once you catch BRD, and start adding new rifles to your collection, you may then want to get an A2. A plain 20" A2 style range rifle is what my current build is, but I have two more already...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts