Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other good sites to buy ammo other than Cheaperthandirt.com? I just want something thats easier to navigate because its a PITA there. I like pictures too! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've found good prices, but usually the shipping and any additional charges seem to kill the value of online ammo. I just wait for the gun shows or gert some at wally world (or Academy).

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Check out www.ammoman.com. I believe shipping is included in the price.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats good reliable stuff? I'll have a box of good stuff for WW3 at home but whats best for the shootin range?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Better shot some of you WW3 stuff to make sure it feeds and functions w/o problems. Never carry a round that you have never shot, just asking for trouble. Shot what you carry to make sure it "like's" your handgun.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BigBob68 said:
Better shot some of you WW3 stuff to make sure it feeds and functions w/o problems. Never carry a round that you have never shot, just asking for trouble. Shot what you carry to make sure it "like's" your handgun.
Yup. This next question shouldnt surprise any of you but whats the deal on incendiary ammo? Is that just for show or does it have damaging effects as well? lol

·
Registered
513 Posts
Stick to what works and not what is touted to be the next great eveloution in ammo. There are too many good options out there to be messing with the latest and greatest. Winchester now has the "new T series" which is the new black talon, aslo winchester ranger is some of the best I know of and is what many police issue. Hydra Shok and others as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
[quote="CmptrN3rd" Yup. This next question shouldnt surprise any of you but whats the deal on incendiary ammo? Is that just for show or does it have damaging effects as well? lol[/quote]

It depends on what you want to shoot at. If your just trying to get through sheet metal and glass you would e better off looking at a regular .223 ball round. However if you are planning on shooting through some armor plating, or catching stuff on fire then the incendiary rounds are for you. The only issues you will come up with is excessive wear on your barrel, and catching LOTS of stuff on fire. The way they work is by packing magnesium into the round, so it catches fire and burns untill there is nothing left. So for long range, ball is still your better bet. The other thing is, tis round WILL burn untill there is nothing left. It is Very difucult to put out mag. These are cool rounds to play with, but if I had my choice, I would stick with the good ol 3 ball 1 tracer. (maybie a mag of incendiary rounds just in case I have pics of the effects of different rounds on armor plating, I'll try to track them down and post them. Anyways, pray that WWIII doesnt happen untill I get out of the army. Laters

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Normally I shop elsewhere with photos and then buy it at cheaper than dirt. You can't beat free shipping after $150. Unless you're ordering a case of something less than 9mm, you easily make it over that limit.

I've ordered from Natchez as well, service was about a day faster than CTD but I also had to pay shipping.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
http://www.outdoormarksman.com/

I found these guys to have pretty cheap ammo. They have reloaded ammo, 1000 rounds for like 115 bucks, in 40SW. I don't have a problem using factory reloaded ammo. The downside is you gotta pay shipping. But even with shipping, I find it to be cheaper than cheaperthandirt. If you live on the east coast prepare to pay 35 dollars or so in shipping for 1000 rounds. They're based out of Orgeon I think, so if your on the west coast shipping is cheaper. It's only 25 bucks to WA state. I'd look into in if I were you, specially if any of you live on the west coast. Myself, I'm stuck in VA for now.

Hold up. I just checked out Natchez's site and they have reloaded Ultramax rounds for 5 bucks(box of 50). That comes out to 100 bucks for 1000 rounds if I'm doing my math right. Its not in stock right now so I couldn't order any. Anyone have any experience with Ultramax as I have never shot any of it.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
of course though, you cannot buy any ammo

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just paid $169 for 20 boxes of UMC Centerfire Pistol Cartridges, .40 Smith & Wesson, 180 Grains, Metal Case, 50 Rounds Per Box. And I got free shipping I believe b/c it was over $150. Now I think that is cheap as all hell, only $8.42/box. I have never shot UMC before but I can't think that its any different than say PMC its about the same price and its by Remington. That was a deal.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why won't some online ammo companies ship to certain states, like NJ, but some will?????? Especially ammoman, they won't ship to NJ, but they are in NJ?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I think my range sells 40SW PMC for about 6 bucks for 50 rounds. I think thats a pretty good price. I'm not very sure if buying online is always better than buying at the range. At least for the cheap stuff. I think I got ripped when I bought 20 Federal Hollow Points for 16 bucks. I had to have something to put in my gun when I bought it though so I paid the outrageous sum.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It's not unheard of for defense loads like Hydrashoks to go for that price per 20. You can find better deals on the net but most stores charge about that much. It's just because they are premium JHPs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts