Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a XD .45 service and would like to aquire a tactical slide and barrel but have found no way of making this happen, I thought the vast knowledge of this forum could help! I know I could always just buy another gun but I don't want to do that as of right now.
My goal is to have one XD do everything home and IDPA prod class. I like the ideal of having one trigger to get used too instead og switching back and forth.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Sorry, not going to happen. SA does not sell "extra slides". That's why I bought the XD45Compact tactical, since it can do all (CCW, HD, and Competition).

My suggestion would be to buy a Compact Tactical, that way you could exchange slide/barrel between the 4" Service and the 5"Compact and end up with a 4" with a Compact grip and a 5" with the longer service grip. If you haven't had any special trigger work done, I doubt you'd be able to tell any difference between the two factory triggers.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Nope...it isn't gonna happen unless you "luck" into one. SA doesn't sell slides (you are lucky to get small parts...much less a complete slide).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would S.A. be so tight about selling a slide? Looks like customer needs would trump all other rules the way I see it I don't need them they need me, is this the norm with all makers or just a S.A deal?

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
They are made in Croatia and imported and warrantied by SA (otherwise you'd have to send them back to Croatia or just pay a gunsmith to fix your problems).

They do now I believe sell a very few internal parts?
Until recently you couldn't even buy springs and stuff like that, you had to send the whole gun back to SA and if you had a custom trigger installed, they would REMOVE IT and replace it with a stock trigger.

I use a local gunsmith for everything, even minor things under warranty, to reduce the BS of life.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why would S.A. be so tight about selling a slide? ...
They're not. To make a long story short, I thought I was going to need a new slide and I called them. I spoke to someone in the custom shop (Debbie I think but I'm terrible on names and quite possibly have that wrong) and she told me that if I sent in my frame they would fit a slide for it (something like $250 I think).

·
Registered
246 Posts
hahhaa ill split the cost with you if you or i buy a 45acp compact tact.. and ill keep the frame and you get the slide.. what do you say?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts