Buyer Beware | Springfield XD Forum

Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'GrabAGun.com' started by Bish1309, May 31, 2019.

1. May 31, 2019 #1
    Bish1309

Bish1309 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 6
    I don't know if you allow good and bad experiences to be shared but in the interest of fair business trades I hope I can share my recent experience here.

I was dealing with an online firearms seller I was referred to from another forum when I was asking about Canik firearms. I was given a link to that particular site and after shopping for a few days I decided on a firearm and accessory. Put the order in on a Saturday, (first mistake) and not only that, a holiday weekend (second mistake).

I waited until three business days before I heard anything about my order. Status showed as being shipped. Upon reviewing my order I found that the firearm price had dropped from the time I purchased the gun and before it shipped. I was also given a flat fee shipping rate. After further review of the order, the shipping more than doubled and due to the fact the price of the gun changed after I ordered it they couldn't help me. 3 friggin' days and $15.00 and they wouldn't honor their own price drop. Trust me, it was never about the money. It was about the way the store handles an unhappy customer and principle.

I told them in no uncertain terms that my buying experience with them was terrible from the minute the order was completed. If I like my fxs I'm going to purchase some additional models just for the fun of it. I told the contact that but he couldn't have cared less.

My advice would be to not buy from this particular on line vendor. Their business practices are shady at best.

I have left out the business name since I'm not in the business of flaming and not sure what board policy is. If you've ever dealt with this company you may recognize them by their $7.95 flat shipping fee that is deceitful, as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. May 31, 2019 #2
    ArmyGuy45

ArmyGuy45 XDTalk 20K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +6,183 / 43
    Would that company be GrabAGun?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. May 31, 2019 #3
    Snaphook

Snaphook XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +14,107 / 160
    I've bought several guns from Grab a gun and always had good service and fast shipping.

I'm not sure many places would refund you an amount when you've already paid for the product and are waiting for the gun to ship. It's very likely that the gun you bought was bought at a higher price then the manufacturer sold them inventory at a lower price, which they then sold at a lower price. Refunding you money was then coming out of their margins rather than the manufacturer deciding to lower the price.

I can see their point.

4. Jun 6, 2019 #4
    Bish1309

Bish1309 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 6
    Got the gun. It's really nice. There are other places to do business with. I've moved on.