Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I wish Eotech would make a dedicated power button ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got a new Colt Ar the carry handle comes off but want a scope that fits on the handle will the one your selling fit on it? I'm new to all this,..thanks,..JT.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
CRAP, that is a great price. I want one so bad. I just cant afford it right now.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got a new Colt Ar the carry handle comes off but want a scope that fits on the handle will the one your selling fit on it? I'm new to all this,..thanks,..JT.

I'm not selling them, just posted the heads up to them.

And you don't really want to mount a scope on a carry handle if you have a flat top ;)

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
It will fit with a Carry handle mount. Something like this:

Ar - 15 / M16 Carry Handle Scope Mount, Shooting Supplies, Surplus at Sportsman's Guide

This is a killer price for a brand new Bushnell, BTW. I'd buy one but Mvician showed me a used one on ARFCOM for $155.00 shipped that I bought about a month ago. I use a similar Tapco carry handle mount for mine. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Figured if mounted on the carry handle i could still use my iron sights, if mounted on the flat top looks like i'd have to pull the front sight,..sorry guys,like i said it's all new to me and i am from the show me state you know,..LOL!!,thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just saw some pics with the scopes on the flat top and yes i see i would have to pull the front sight fig i would have too and really showed my arse by even questioning the fact, bothers me to not have the back up iron sights, guess i'm old school,..but my eyes arent near what they used to be and need a scope,...sigh,...:(.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Figured if mounted on the carry handle i could still use my iron sights, if mounted on the flat top looks like i'd have to pull the front sight,..sorry guys,like i said it's all new to me and i am from the show me state you know,..LOL!!,thanks for the help.
no you would not need to remove the front sight you would be co witnessed with it, some people do not like to have the FSB in their view some people do not care, I do not Care,

The point of Cowitnessing is incase your Optic Goes south you still have your BUIS, but for that you would need to add a Rear BUIS if you don't have one then the fsb wont do you any good

also this is not a scope its a Red Dot sight there is no magnification.

How do i order one without using Paypal?,..reckon debit card will work?
USPMO, some take personal checks but won't ship until it has cleared,

BTW he said PP is preferred

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Here is an example of a co witnessed Eo Tech of course its not showing the Rear BUIS, with the rear BUIS you would look through it as though you were just using them and you would see the Red Dot Lined up in your sight picture.

the ideal part about the HWS optic and AP are that they are Paralax free so even when your point of view shifts the Point of impact is still where the Dot is even though it appears that the dot is moving its always centered its just your perspective thats shifting.

·
Registered
367 Posts
here is what mine looks like mounted with eotech

irons down

co-witness front and rear BUIS

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
here is what mine looks like mounted with eotech

irons down

co-witness front and rear BUIS
good pics if you will notice he while he does not have a FSB he has Flip up battle sights so he can remove them from his sight picture and still have them if he needs them. of course the more you add to this the greater the cost will be,

Quality BUIS are not cheap i just picked up a set of Troy Battle Sights and new they run about $250-$260 or you can find a used set and save $20-$30 or more if they have been moderately abused,

BTW Nice set up you have there ST i love the FDE thats the same Furniture i have on my Stag.

·
Registered
367 Posts
good pics if you will notice he while he does not have a FSB he has Flip up battle sights so he can remove them from his sight picture and still have them if he needs them. of course the more you add to this the greater the cost will be,

Quality BUIS are not cheap i just picked up a set of Troy Battle Sights and new they run about $250-$260 or you can find a used set and save $20-$30 or more if they have been moderately abused,

BTW Nice set up you have there ST i love the FDE thats the same Furniture i have on my Stag.
the Troy battlesights are my favorite, not to mention the resale on them is through the roof. you can see some abused sets going for $210+ on arf.com at times. I still swoon over them at the gun shows, the FDE battlesights are purdy.

can't wait to see what Magpul is gonna give us with their MOE BUIS that are supposed to drop early next year.

there are plenty of options when mounting optics, I though about getting a riser to make mine a 1/3 co-witness. but the main reason I went with flip-up BUIS both front and rear was so that I did not have to co-witness at all. optic failure not withstanding.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Was able to take advantage of it.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
got a PM reply saying it was still there, i sent payment, hopefully he still has them in stock (i went out for lunch)

·
Registered
11 Posts
TJ thank you much for the info, glad to know its nothing different than the red dot i put on the 10/22. Learned alot from your posts and will set back and read several times more to get it all to soak in and start figureing out what type of set-up i want to go with. My AR is a Colt match target competition 16'' barrel,never fired, buddy bought it along with a Norinco Mac 90, and an AK Hunter bout 10 years ago as an investment, put them in a safe till i dealt him out of them a few months back, also has some type of Bushmaster but he's holding on to it.
Cant use open sights anymore, with glasses on rear sight is clear but target is fuzzy without glasses of course vice versa. He'll prob be sold out on the red dots by the time i fig out what i want, and on the Pay-Pal subject it's been a few years back but when i went thru them (2 different times) it killed like 6-7 days going thru them,.. while using my debit, wham bam product sent!!,..(have had to use a MO A few times)
Always have avoided PP ever sence. Anyway thanks again for taking the time to help me with the good info and even with pics!! Time for me now to keep my mouth shut and read and learn,..thanks again,..JT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh Yow,i been in and around Edmond alot when i was roughnecking in the oil-patch. Friend of mine fill out the v-door, had his belt on but the hoist was in netrual and he took quite a fourty foot ride down swinging under the sub-structure then bounceing off the blow-out preventer then back out to a soft landing in the mud. I had just picked up a little wormy terrior someone had dumped and every time we mentioned the story and the word v-door came up the little dog's ears would shoot straight up so thats what we called him,he was quite the celibrity around Elk City, Canute, Cordell, Weatheford, Cement and Medicene Park etc,..he sure new his way around a drill rig!!,..blessed me with his company for 7 years and 3 months till some coyotes killed him here on my hill :sad:, thats why i took the handle v_door cause he'll never be forgot. Everone have a good one,..Later,Jt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts