Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these? Researching optics options for a future precision .308 build. Somewhat leaning towards the Bushnell Elite Tactical line one in 6-24x50 illuminated reticle. Over on Sniper Central, the OpticsPlanet.com rep posts that they feel its the current best buy of quality and price.

What else should I consider in this $850-$950 range? I can purchase some on ebay for 10-15% cheaper.

Bushnell 6-24x50mm Elite Illuminated MilDot Argon 30mm Riflescope FREE S&H ET6245F. Bushnell Riflescopes.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I have one of the previous generation and it's a solid scope. I had it on a couple of .308 rifles and probably put 1500 rounds under it. No issues thus far. I've talked to quite a few folks that have that same scope that are satisfied with it and a few that have the newer models and all are still satisfied. Surprised that the model you listed does not have more elevation. Some of the new Elites have 60-80 MOA of elevation versus the 48 listed for this model.

Overall not quite as good as the NF on my other rifle but a really solid scope. At $950, you are almost at Viper PST so you should give that a look as well.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
it appears that the other Elites with narrower magnification ranges like 3-12x have much higher MOA ranges. Perhaps this is a trade off for a scope having a magnification range of 6-24x?
Don't think so. This one is listed as 70MOA versus 50 in the older models. The older models were notorius for shorting you a little so you will probably get 66 or so actual leaving you about 33MOA of vertical without an MOA base. Plenty for 600 yards.

Bushnell - Elite Tactical 6-24x 50, Matte [ET6245F]

Edit: Looks like the same model number though so perhaps OP has the older Elite 4200 specs listed.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive started ordering the optics mounting rings bases and tools (first build, need to do it right). Im still leaning towards this scope. Cant find anything else that beats this magnification, illuminated reticles etc.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Received my Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50 with Illuminated Mildot Reticle, some initial impressions. I haven't mounted it to my Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 yet. I had purchase high mount Burris HTR rings but they are too high and I determined that medium height is more ideal, so waiting on those. I test fitted with high rings to make sure the bolt will clear the ocular lens, and I've measured even with medium rings it will clear even with my Kinetic Research Group Bolt Lift, which is an oversized bolt lift. Check this out if you want an inexpensive bolt lift. Usually clearance issues like this arent able to be determined unless you have all the parts and try it out. But with this setup it fits, so if anyone had questions of similar equipment of similar dimensions. I wont be able to mount and get it sighted in until my adjustable stock comes in next week.

Disclaimer: This is my first higher end optic on my first larger caliber precision rifle as compared to $150 scopes i used on 10/22s. I havent had experience with Leupolds, Nightforces, etc to compare quality.

Whats included:
Bikini scope lens covers
Screw on sunshade
Instruction manual, even teaches you how to use mildots to range
Allen wrench to turn the turrets to 0 setting
Battery for illuminated reticle

Glass is very clear, I magnified to 24x and looked at an object about 500-600 yards away and the image was still very crisp even with the triple digit Texas heat. Illuminated reticle color is green and has 10 different brightness settings. Scope's target turrets have a solid tactile feel during adjustment with clear markings for up down left right adjustments. Black finish on the scope seems very durable, similar to the black finish on Burris XTR rings.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the Bushnell Elite 4200 4to16 non mil dot. It seems to be a nice scope. I have only shot the rifle once, but I like it so far. I would like to have the mil dot version, but this is what came on the rifle.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
They are great scopes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts