Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting on my third AR for about a month now, I purchased a Bushmaster XM15A3 with CAA telestock, hoage grips, 2 stage match trigger and quad rail. The gun store were I purchased it from called me to let me know the 30 they were getting in have been put on a short delay from Bushmaster. I have the option of changing my order and picking up a S&W M&P15X. Now I already own one M&P15R and love it, I wouldn't mind another M&P 15 but do not own a Bushy and debating on the order change becuase I'm tired of waiting.

Any suggestions on which AR...should I wait or jump on the M&P15X...they are roughly the same price at the store.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I've been waiting on my third AR for about a month now, I purchased a Bushmaster XM15A3 with CAA telestock, hoage grips, 2 stage match trigger and quad rail. The gun store were I purchased it from called me to let me know the 30 they were getting in have been put on a short delay from Bushmaster. I have the option of changing my order and picking up a S&W M&P15X. Now I already own one M&P15R and love it, I wouldn't mind another M&P 15 but do not own a Bushy and debating on the order change becuase I'm tired of waiting.

Any suggestions on which AR...should I wait or jump on the M&P15X...they are roughly the same price at the store.
How much are they going for now?

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bushy was 999.00, the M&P is 1049.00.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
The Bushy was 999.00, the M&P is 1049.00.

Yeah go for the M&P...

I'm actually contemplating on selling off one of my new never used CMMG. Set up is almost exactly like the M&P. Troy 10" FF, Troy BUIS, LMT SOPMOD... But, I'm still debating, ok I've digressed... Back on topic, +1 for the S&W M&P15X

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I researched the S&W M&P15X and decided to buy one if I could find one. I did find one at a local gun show, NIB at a good price (before the recent panic buying). I was disappointed that the quad rail had significant play. It is a good gun as long as you are aware that the 15X has a slip-in non-free-float quad rail. It would be fine for attaching a light or vert grip, but not for any sort of aiming device or laser. It is not worth the $300 extra cost over your 15R and is not much of an upgrade.

I would hold out for a M&P15T which has a true free float rigid quad rail. The 15T would be a step up from your 15R and would have higher resale value, as I believe it is the most desirable M&P model.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I also would say hold out for the 15T. That is the one I'm going for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought my first AR, the M&P15T.....love the gun, hate the price I paid for it...It looks like a monolithic upper but it's not...the fit however is top notch....

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay...so I called my favorite guns store to change up my order for the M&P15X and just my luck a very small order of M&P15Ts arrived today.....the manager apologized for the delay in the Bushmaster order and told me he would hold back 1 of each M&P models for me to look at. When I arrived at the gun store he smiled and asked if I wanted a Cadillac or a Cadillac with all the options.....

I choose the Cadillac with all the options....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts