Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I just picked up one of these babies (well I'm waiting to pick it up anyway) and I was told that the free float quad-rail hand guard can't be removed from the gun... Is this true??? because I really wanted to put one of the new RRA half quad/half alluminum handguards on it... My model is a pre-ban M4 (w/the LEO markings on the receiver- So if anyone could help me out with this question I would appreciate it! Also I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the best deal on a flip-up back sight? and I'm looking for recommendations on a front sight/ as well as a somewhat affordable illuminated holo/reflex sight (prefferably w/some magnifcation) *and any other goodies that would go well with my new bigboytoy-

PEACE&GUNS
a.Truetone

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
the only free floats that cant be removed are the monolithic rails that are part of the reciver and RRA doesnt make one, also i am pretty sure RRA doesnt make one.

so i would say with 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999992% certainty that it CAN be removed

·
Registered
559 Posts
You want to remove one free float handguard and replace it with another free float handguard? Unless the handguard is bigger than you like or you want something that has an uninterupted rail platform (Daniel Defense, GG&G....) leave it. I'd imagine the half tube/rail platform wouldn't dissipate heat as well as the existing FFHG would.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Hi I just picked up one of these babies and I was told that the free float quad-rail hand guard can't be removed from the gun... Is this true???
a.Truetone
If it has a flashider on it that is pinned and welded because it's shorter than 16 inches without the flashider, it won't be EASILY removed without doing a lot of barrel replacing ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts