Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this for the first time the other day I didnt know bushmaster made a 50cal it had a clip but I dont think it was semi? or was it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
These are the same (with a few upgrades/modifications/improvements by BM) as the Cobb BA-50 rifles that hit the market a few years ago.

The BA-50 is a bolt action. Cobb used to make the FA-50 rifle which was a semi-auto...but I don't know if BM is continuing that line or not.

I'll be interested to hear some first-hand range reports on the BA-50. While the Cobb's were nice rifles, there were some quality control issues with some of the rifles if memory serves and I also recall seeing a post/pics of a serious catasrophic failure on one that destroyed the receiver, mag, etc. I am sure that BM won't allow that kind of crap to continue as long as their name goes on the rifle.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I don't know how many people want to lay their money on 50 cal from Bush master.
And why not?!?! You know something that the rest the folks here don't know? Obviously this is a relatively new .50BMG rifle to the market and doesn't have the track record that Barrett or Armalite (and others) have, but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad choice or one that is unworthy of consideration. The Cobb/Bushmaster design is a good one and at least now it will bear the name of a company that will stand behind their product.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
I was waiting for that!!! lol
i kinda cringed, i wasnt gonna correct him, but i knew it was comming.

poster, what model is it you are looking at, i am very much intrigued by .50 cals, probably wont have the cash to buy one before they are banned, but i would like to know more about them. In case i can amass the more usefule E-veil gunz i do want a 50 cal just cause the left thinks regular joes have no use for one. I can think of one use, UN storm troopers.

is this the one you are talking about ? $4,900
Bushmaster BA50 Rifle, 50 BMG, 30", 10 Rd Mag

this one is $4,700
Bushmaster BA50 Carbine, 50 BMG, 22", 10 Rd Mag

i dont want to take your thread off course, but do you or anyone else know about the grizzly ? its only $2,400

Grizzly Big Boar .50 Cal BMG

then there is a single shot barret for $3,700
Barrett Model 99 Single Shot Bolt Action

not sure at a half mile or more i need a semi auto, i dont think it really would do anymore for me.

well i can dream.

plus i would have to spend who knows how much on optics that are worth half a $**** at a 3/4 mile.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
I have shot this one, A friend has it. a 30-06 has more recoil than this does.
good to hear, i think i can swing $2,400 if obama and his disciples dont ban it right away, i can save that in a few months no problem (well AFTER i am done buying ars aks etc).

I just dont know where i would get to check one out, i would feel weird buying a $2,700 gun sight unseen.

did it seem nicely made, 5-6k for one gun with limited uses is a bit rich for my blood. And the $4 rounds dont help.:p

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Instead of buying one, you could have done what I did... or didn't do.

Have a grandfather who built one back in the day and inherit it...

:cool::mrgreen:

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
Instead of buying one, you could have done what I did... or didn't do.

Have a grandfather who built one back in the day and inherit it...

:cool::mrgreen:
build a kit ?

or like grandpa had a machine shop and build a custom 50 cal from scratch?

tease, you cant say that, and leave it at that, no pics no details nothing.:p

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
build a kit ?

or like grandpa had a machine shop and build a custom 50 cal from scratch?

tease, you cant say that, and leave it at that, no pics no details nothing.:p
No kit... This was built pre internet... matter of fact I don't think gramps knew what the internet was. Machinist, yes. Gunsmith as serious hobby. Built from scratch. AR type lower/pistol grip. I haven't fired it yet but I guess my gramps had a good ole time with her. ;-)

Due to the area where I live, I don't keep anything nearby. I have stuff in storage and at family's vacation cabin in Wisconsin. Not east to snap pics, sorry.

It weights 41lbs if that helps... single shot, fluted barrel.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
No kit... This was built pre internet... matter of fact I don't think gramps knew what the internet was. Machinist, yes. Gunsmith as serious hobby. Built from scratch. AR type lower/pistol grip. I haven't fired it yet but I guess my gramps had a good ole time with her. ;-)

Due to the area where I live, I don't keep anything nearby. I have stuff in storage and at family's vacation cabin in Wisconsin. Not east to snap pics, sorry.

It weights 41lbs if that helps... single shot, fluted barrel.
dang sounds nice and over built.

no hurry, jut some day post pics, home made gunz are cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts