Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about one of these types of sights for my Tactical, (for IPSC type shooting) looking for input from users.
Not wedded to Burris alone, but I like the looks of that one. What's the least expensive, good one to use? Also, which MOA dot is best for working steel targets?
TIA

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Thinking about one of these types of sights for my Tactical, (for IPSC type shooting) looking for input from users.
Not wedded to Burris alone, but I like the looks of that one. What's the least expensive, good one to use? Also, which MOA dot is best for working steel targets?
TIA
I purchased 2 in their "Speed Bead" form to install on my Benelli's to use on upland game. Took the Super90 out this past opener and it performed well. Not sure how they'd hold up riding on the back of a slide.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I have to say that I am real happy with my Burris.
Here is a 20 yard target from me and I am not really proficient with a handgun.

Here is my setup.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Ah, now that's what I'm looking for; how has the sight held up under recoil? Screws loosening at all etc?
So far so good (about 100 rounds). I love it, looks just like a laser painted on the target with both eyes open. It has lockwashers on all of the screws and they have not come loose yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I've been thinking the same thing for my Tactical...I don't think its allowed in IDPA. Guess I'll have to get another gun...one for USPSA and another for IDPA :lol:

You're right, I use my 1911's in IDPA. I'm hoping to use the Tactical with the red dot for steel matches, which are only about 4 times a year here. I did shoot my XD last week in the CDP division of my local IDPA, it was a great time. I will shoot it in ESP next time, wasn't any fun down loading my mags!
:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts