Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Fastfire was awesome to shoot, excellent target acquisistion performed very well. I was not able to get any pictures of my groups because when I finally got it sighted in well enough, I ran out of ammo. (My bad) But I was hitting target spinners at 25 yards before I got done. All in all I think it was a good investment and I recommend it to anyone who has aging eyes. It was kind of tough adjusting the sight until I got used to how sensitive it is. Now I need to get some more ammo and get a chance to go out to the range again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gunzzi i am very interested in how you set up the Fastfire on your XD as i have one on order with the XD mount but have a Frame mount i may use instead. Does the Burris mount need any gunsmithing to install? Pics would be nice if ya dont mind.
I went with the Fastfire for the same reason , eyes just arn't what they used to be.
Anything you can add would be a help when it come time to mount to my 5' 9mm tactical

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First you have to remove the rear sight. The mounting plate screws into a dovetail block that is provided and it goes into the rear sight's dovetail. I had to order a spare from Burris because I totally screwed up the original. It might require that you use a sight pushing tool to do it properly. I ended up filing down the dovetail block in order to make it easier to drive in with a punch. It also helped to put in the screws so that I didn't bend the block too bad. Here are some pics of the finished job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the pics and description Gunzzi. I think i will try and use the frame mount that i have before using the burris mount. When the burris mount came it had no instructions and im still waiting for the fastfire to show up so i didnt look yet to see how it would mount up to the slide.
If you get out again to shoot an update would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Looks sweet Gunzzi! I'm thinking of putting one of these on an XDm9 :)

westjet, curious what frame mount you have, as I have been looking for one of those as well and been disappointed in what I've found.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics and description Gunzzi. I think i will try and use the frame mount that i have before using the burris mount. When the burris mount came it had no instructions and im still waiting for the fastfire to show up so i didnt look yet to see how it would mount up to the slide.
If you get out again to shoot an update would be greatly appreciated.
I won't get to shoot at targets this weekend, though I am taking my XD along to hunting camp. We'll be bow hunting deer all weekend, so I am going to try and get to Target World next week and finish tweaking the sight. As soon as I start getting good groups I will report with pics.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Can you post a pic from the side so I can see if there is a gap between the front of the sight and the slide ? There is on the Springer and mine sets to high I think that maybe part of the problem,

Thanks,Keith

·
Registered
335 Posts
Can you use the sight under almost dark conditions ? Or does it turn itself off ?

Thanks,Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts