Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want some opinions on every load there is the most accurate powder load. Wanting to buy a couple of different powders. The data recommends on 2 different bullet weights the slowest burning or next to lowest for the most accurate. Question is should buy the a faster powder in the middle or not.
Loading 357sig; gun likes to shoot the 124gr better that 147gr. Or just pick one then go with it and see what happens. Using load data of course.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
There are few universally accurate powder/bulelt combos. It just depends. For full power loads in the 357sig, I like Longshot & BlueDot for accuracy, AA#7 & AA#9 are pretty close. AA#9 works best at the top end, it's pretty slow burning. Unless you are running light loads in the 357sig, I don't go any faster than Unique.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Full power load is not a problem. AA#9 comes up all the time. Bought 124 and 115 XTP. Also Rainer 124 flat point for target practice. Thinking AA#9, Blue Dot, and ? what would be a good 3rd powder? Looking for accuracy, screamers or bunny farts are not important.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Full power load is not a problem. AA#9 comes up all the time. Bought 124 and 115 XTP. Also Rainer 124 flat point for target practice. Thinking AA#9, Blue Dot, and ? what would be a good 3rd powder? Looking for accuracy, screamers or bunny farts are not important.
Again, every gun/load will vary. I have good luck w/ Longshot from mild to wild. Unique or WSF are also good, but you top out at just under 1300fps. Fine for plated bullets though. BD gives good accuracy on the top end & ok at midrange for me but huge muzzle flash. SOme guys report good results w/ PP, Ijust haven't got around to truing it yet. Buy a # of each & try them. It won't go to waste.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts