Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I took the 75 round drum out today for the first time and after watching some videos on bumpfiring these guns I did it. I didn't know how well the drum would work since being new to this and never bumpfired before all I can say is after like 5 or so shots it took off and emptied the drum in seconds and when I turned around at my buddy he was standing there like this:shock: and I was shaking I was so excited. Sorry no video but trust me next time for sure it was great:).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I must ad that barrel gets so hot it would probably be glowing if it was dark out. We had tagets set up down range and after the target were gone as well as the wood we had them mounted on. Haha good times

·
Registered
942 Posts
Wish i had somewhere to bumpfire at. My local ranges throw the lifetime banhammer at those shenanigans =(

·
Registered
942 Posts
Me too. Seems like you need to live hours from civilization these days!
Yep, a buddy of mine lives in a somewhat country area but even there people call the cops when we get a little crazy with anything bigger than a 22

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well pictures would do much good,but video for sure next time. Yeah I am sure some people around the area were wondering what was going on,but we were very safe about it and nothing down range for miles and miles. It's hard to control the spray but I kept it kinda in a general area,I can't wait to do it again. If there was a cop anywhere near he would have been there for sure,but I am 100% legal and nothing to worry about there. :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I've done it a few times. I couldn't do it at first, but then I figured it out. Most people I see bump firing from the hip hold the rifle tight up against the body. That's what was messing me up. You have to let the rifle hang. The only two points of contact should be your front hand (balancing the rifle) and your thumb resting on the trigger. I don't mess around with my belt loops either. I just use the back of my thumb and try to keep it steady, while pulling forward with my front hand. It's so fast it almost sounds like one continuous shot at times. I gave the same advice to my shooting buddy when he was trying it with his new AK unsuccessfully. Now he can dump a 30 rounder in no time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just couldn't believe I could do it and it was pretty easy,yeah my gun was away from my hip and just bumped it with my trigger finger and held on tight to the front. The recoil and control wasnt bad at all I basically stayed in the same area the whole time. What a blast everyone needs to try it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know,yeah I am fail but I promise to make it up to you guys I just had to tell my story I was so excited about it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its "American Tactical" made in korea.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I've done it a few times. I couldn't do it at first, but then I figured it out. Most people I see bump firing from the hip hold the rifle tight up against the body. That's what was messing me up. You have to let the rifle hang. The only two points of contact should be your front hand (balancing the rifle) and your thumb resting on the trigger. I don't mess around with my belt loops either. I just use the back of my thumb and try to keep it steady, while pulling forward with my front hand. It's so fast it almost sounds like one continuous shot at times. I gave the same advice to my shooting buddy when he was trying it with his new AK unsuccessfully. Now he can dump a 30 rounder in no time.

I'm trying from the shoulder. I can get about 5 or so then I seem to lose it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is the 1977 on my wasr uncommon or was most of the new ones made then?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts