Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so it's been more than a few minutes as I promised in my first post. Sorry.

Anyway, I bought an XD-40 with a 4" barrel and promptly took it upstairs to the indoor pistol range along with 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 180gr ammunition. That gives me about 1000 fps. I selected this ammunition because I'd fired a lot of it through a 1911 clone owned by a friend and was SERIOUSLY impressed with it.

The only snag was when loading the first magazine. It was very stiff and I didn't want to try to force it to take the 12th round. So, my first string was only 11 rounds. I sent the target out to about 25 feet (I think that's the second stop painted on the rail there). The first 2 rounds went directly to the X ring on a 5" bullseye target. The next 2 were in the 9 ring at about 5 and 8 o'clock. The next 5 rounds all fit under a nickel in the 8 ring at 6 o'clock. 1 round hit the white 7/8 line at about 5 o'clock and the last round was in the 10 ring at 6 o'clock.

i switched out my targets and put another 75 rounds down range at between 25 and not-quite-60 feet. No clean misses, but grouping kinda sucked.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with how this weapon fires. I'm satisfied with my range performance given the caveat that this is the first time I've touched a weapon in almost 2 years and this is a BRAND new weapon.

As far as the range goes, I like the lighting, but the ventilation could use some work. It moved enough air, but when the big fan was running, it would cause the target runners to shake a bit. The staff are reasonably knowledgeable and are not complete douche-bags. I'll go back, largely because they are the only indoor range within a reasonable driving distance for me.

·
Premium Member
24,687 Posts
nice report ,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.