Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaded my XDM 9mm about two weeks ago with remington 9mm hollow point bullets. It was not cocked. I took my gun out of my safe today to clean/check it, removed the magazine and had a mound of gun powder fall out of the gun. Upon further inspection I realized a bullet had peeled back and leaked all of its powder. The bullet was the top bullet of the magazine. Have any of you ever have this happen before? I have attached a photo of the bullet. I removed the tip of the bullet, when discovered it was still attached to the casing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello brother,

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that the roll crimp from the factory may not have been tight enough on that paticular round. I may have been that way when you loaded the round into the mag, and you didn't notice it. If thats not the case and it's some malfunction of equipment, then you would be able to repeat the malfunction.

Have you loaded any more rounds to see if it repeats?

·
Registered
188 Posts
YES the exact same issue with Winchester White Box!

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ammo-can/169242-winchester-white-box-bad-batch.html

Exactly the same issue only I was at the range...

I sent it into Winchester for review. I, for some reason, didn't save the emails, which is amazing for me, but they basically said it didn't get "set" correctly and the round was too long and it pulled apart.

BUT they did send me a $20.00 gift certificate.

So call them and they'll send you a return code and UPS picks it up at your house.

oops I missed that yours was remington....I'd still call....

Hopefully the link posted works as I have picts there....

·
Registered
591 Posts
yeah i would guess that it was messed up form the factory

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just picked up 3 100 round boxes of WWB. Went through every single one of them, making sure that the rounds didn't look damaged.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've shot tons of WWB and have never had a problem like that before at all. There a lot of people on here that have.

It's rare for any manufacturer to have issues like this, but I think they all do.

·
Registered
480 Posts
It looks like a defective factory round... Make sure you check and inspect the rest of the batch for similar problems

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
If it was still in the magazine, it did not happen from the pistol. Had to have been damaged prior to loading in mag.

·
Registered
24 Posts
KCD, Consider yourself VERY lucky on the 20.00 winchester certificate they sent u. last month i called them i was irrate, i bought 3 boxes of PDX1 bonded 124g+p anyhow i shot 2 boxes and used one as carry ammo. on my 2nd box, out of 20 freakin rounds i had 4 failure to fire in my almost new at the time XDM that i had already put 1400 rounds thru. like i said i was irrate due to the fact that just by luck that particular box didnt end up in my gun as EDC ammo, it could have cost me my life. i made that point clear with winchester and the best those morons did was send me a 10 dollar cert. on a 25 dollar box of ammo, since there was "only":shock: 4 bad rounds they wouldnt replace whole box. on top of that i had to ship them the 4 bad rounds which was just an annoying proccess at the busy post office. seemed like it was almost not worth it for my ten dollar cert. i beleive the dudes name at Winchester was paul something, then he gave me to a lady of zero importance. just my exp. with them...:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts