Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best place to get about 500 rounds of ammo, just for shooting at the range?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Walmart CCI Blazer brass for 8.97 a box of 50....Best prices so far I can find locally or even on the net after shipping.
Or if you want to order online CCI blazer in the aluminum alloy shell for 7.99 in 9mm.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that blazer brass at wally is .223?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
that blazer brass at wally is .223?
Hmmmm. If that was the case we would be ALL over it! :D

I believe he did not see the fact we are in the AR forum.....;)

To your question for 500 rounds. Online is your best bet. Many places to order, most are backed up shipping things out. You could get 100 packs of .223 federal at WW for about $42 each, that is if you can not wait.

·
Registered
536 Posts
**** oops...sorry bro nevermind my first comment. They did have .223 but dont recall prices....I was talking 9m...Sorry my man

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here in Houston, Academy has been carrying 9mm Monarch green FMJ 115 for 8.77 a box of 50. Have had sales in the last 3 weeks that were 7.93 per box. Shots a little dirtier than WWB but cleaner than the Remington UMC stuff in my gun. Have put about 1000 rounds of it through my subbie not FTF's.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any specific one u would choose for a stag 2t? grain wise? i believe my barrell is chrome lined and 1/9 twist

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
any specific one u would choose for a stag 2t? grain wise? i believe my barrell is chrome lined and 1/9 twist
55gr is typically the least expensive. I would start there. With a 1 in 9 You can try some heavier bullet weights also, you more than likely will not shoot 75 grain accurately though. Worth a shot to find out with a box of 20 though.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ammoman has some decent deals on Wolf, or if you want brass the prvi isn't too expensive.
Yep. Although he is out of the 55gr prvi. I may have to get some of the 62gr. I hope it the 1:9 likes it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
ammo to go.com 223 prvi battle packs 200rds 78.00ea. i55gr. i like steller &bellot its a little more checkem out good prices!!:cool:

·
Registered
902 Posts
If the barrel was made correctly you should be good from 55gr to 75gr loads, possibly as light as 45gr for varminting. I generally use M193 at the range and 68 or 75gr OTM for zombies. Some 1in9's will shoot 77gr SMK just fine past 100yds, and others will 'keyhole' from failure to properly stabilize the projectile.

Additional note: I found that in 'some' CL 1in9" twist SBR's that the Santose 50yd IBZ hits about the same between milspec-type 55gr FMJ M193 and BH 68gr OTM, whereas the 75gr OTM match will hit an inch or so higher, but of course YMMV.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
So Prvi is as good as lake city surplus? I'd never heard of them before but I see them pop up more now. I would pretty much only be shooting the 55gr FMJ and the 62gr SS109. Thinking about alternating, 2 FMJ 1 SS109.

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
So Prvi is as good as lake city surplus? I'd never heard of them before but I see them pop up more now. I would pretty much only be shooting the 55gr FMJ and the 62gr SS109. Thinking about alternating, 2 FMJ 1 SS109.
PRVI is good stuff, my AR loves it. It doesn't stink like Lake City.

btw, Wolf Gold is made by PRVI if I recall correctly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts