Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
If you're on the West coast Outdoormarksman might be cheap. You could also look at Ammunition Store. I would suggest checking what the different stores want plus the shipping and use that to find out who's cheapest.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Natchez is where I have found the best service and price. Ammoman is ok as far as price and have heard that he has good service too.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone.....always looking for good suppliers. this is a great forum, I have learned much from you all.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Krackels said:
If you're on the West coast Outdoormarksman might be cheap. You could also look at Ammunition Store. I would suggest checking what the different stores want plus the shipping and use that to find out who's cheapest.
I buy 180gr Miwall factory reloads from Outdoor Marksman. Someone here (Ampleworks?) made a post about a place that waives shipping charges if you either more than 1000 or more that 2000 rounds (can't remember), may have been Natchez.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
j2fast said:
Krackels said:
I buy 180gr Miwall factory reloads from Outdoor Marksman. Someone here (Ampleworks?) made a post about a place that waives shipping charges if you either more than 1000 or more that 2000 rounds (can't remember), may have been Natchez.
Miwall factory reloads? What can you tell me about them? clean? accurate?
consistant? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Miwall's, I'm luck if I ever see them in stock. They go pretty quick. From what I hear, pretty good for plinking. Cheap too. Real cheap. Which is good.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Cheaper than dirt is the one that had the free shipping after $150 orders, its now flat rate 5.99 I think, not sure if the $150 free is still valid or not. Either way $5.99 for ammo isn't too bad to be shipped Fedex.

·
Registered
452 Posts
slowburn said:
consistant? Thanks!
Definitely not the cleanest ammo I've used but it's been accurate and consistant. I've run a 1000 rounds or so of the 180gr TMJ reloads and I've had no problems at all so far. For the last 3 uspsa matches I've shoot that's all I've used. I like it because out of my 40 Tact they shoot around 145 power factor. While not exactly mouse farts they are much softer (IMO) than the factory loads I was shooting and are getting me by until I start reloading. Also even with shipping I'm still saving money over buying ammo locally.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
j2fast said:
slowburn said:
consistant? Thanks!
Definitely not the cleanest ammo I've used but it's been accurate and consistant. I've run a 1000 rounds or so of the 180gr TMJ reloads and I've had no problems at all so far. For the last 3 uspsa matches I've shoot that's all I've used. I like it because out of my 40 Tact they shoot around 145 power factor. While not exactly mouse farts they are much softer (IMO) than the factory loads I was shooting and are getting me by until I start reloading. Also even with shipping I'm still saving money over buying ammo locally.
Great thanks for the info....I can handle the cleaning if they are consistant and accurate and the cost is helping of course.....Thanks again!

·
Registered
477 Posts
javelinadave said:
Walmart. Cheaper than any other place I have found.
+1

ammoman.com for hollow points though

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ammoman is the best I have found by far... WHatever price is listed is the price you will pay door to door.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
BigBob68 said:
Natchez is where I have found the best service and price. Ammoman is ok as far as price and have heard that he has good service too.
Me and my buddies tried to buy a few thousand rounds from him and he said he sniffed us out and I am dirty. How I have my job and a clean record yet am "dirty' is beyond me.

he is an ass.

·
Registered
452 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts