Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get bulk 9mm ammo? I've been buying the Winchester 100 value pack and like it, but I'm looking for more quantity and maybe cheaper.

I don't want dirty and poor quality ammo and I don't want to reload either.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I purchased my pistol I shot throu 3 boxes of that blazer ammo and liked it, so when I saw your post I was happy to go buy some. Until I went to the website and realized Natchez doesn't ship to TN. Oh well back to ammoman.

Rzieg

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
You might also want to check out Ammunitionstore.com. They hardly ever beat ammoman in prices (especially considering ammoman always has free shipping), but it's worth a look.

E.T.A. fixed the link

Krackels

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since everyone is talking about where I'll put my .02 on what. I have had nothing but good luck with Wolf copper fmj

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love CCI blazers however...ordering through natchez for me for a case of CCI Blazer cost 116.17 shipped

a case of WWB from walmart that cost 10.96 per 100 which sounds like a worse deal compare to 9.18 (4.59 per 50) per 100 for the CCI but after factoring in 6% sales tax the WWB comes out to 116.18

a penny more but i dont have to wait for shipping and can have my ammo "now"

I'm gonna burn through the case of CCI i have now and i'll go target shooting with WWB

however...this spring I'm going with Georgia arms "canned heat"

its 109 for a case of 115 FMJ......if you purchase more then 500 dollars worth of ammo you get free shipping.....this is true bulk buying....its only 7 dollars cheaper per case but if you order alot it adds up fast......if you dont want to drop 500 just get a group of friends together and chip in and buy some ammo.

they also have great deals on .357 Sig (85 per 500) and .223 ammo also

also..cheapest place i've seen that sells gold dots
i think the 9mm in various weights...all +p go for $12-14 per 50
much better than $10 per 20...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i have used ammoman and Cheaper than Dirt in the past. Both have had great pricing on what I was after and both have shipped so quickly, I wouldn't have had time to get to the store to buy ammo any quicker. Happy customer of both.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found CCI Blazer for 3.86 at Academy Sports' website (academy.com). I have one here near by I'm gonna go check it out to see if they actually have it at that price. If so is there a reason I shouldn't buy a load of this stuff for practice? I just read the thread on Wolf ammo and now I'm scared to buy ammo :)

Rzeig

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Rzeig said:
I found CCI Blazer for 3.86 at Academy Sports' website (academy.com). I have one here near by I'm gonna go check it out to see if they actually have it at that price. If so is there a reason I shouldn't buy a load of this stuff for practice? I just read the thread on Wolf ammo and now I'm scared to buy ammo :)

Rzeig
Buy it up man...I buy it like it's going out of style. There is no better deal in 9mm this side of reloading. It's great ammo and I've never had one problem through hundreds of rounds. The nearest Academy is a 35 minute drive from here but any time I'm around there I usually stop and buy some blazer 9mm. I think it must be a loss-leader for them. No one else even approaches that price around here.

brad cook

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why not order in case amounts from wallmart.
I have done it a few times and had them order some special ammo that they do not even stock.
That is my two cents

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
My Academy is on the way to my range. 10 minutes to Acad and another 15 minutes to the range. I need to build me an ammo vault and stock up before somebody gets greedy and starts charging more.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I use Ammoman.com for most of my ammo needs. The price you see is the price you pay, no hidden freight or handling charges. OMC Corp. also has good prices as does Miwall th the gunshows they attend.

I used Cheaper-then-Dirt once, got severely ripped off by their ammo freight charges. Sportsman's Guide also rips you off with shipping charges, especially on ammo. I no longer use either of them.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have used Ammoman as well, and they are good because they do pay for the shipping, thus beating the price of most places online that do not include shipping. I use Wolf ammo a lot, but they also have Blazer and many other offerings as well. I have also bought NATO ammo through them for a reasonable price.

One kind of ammo I have become fond of lately is Silver Bear... the other Russian ammo with the zinc plated steel cases. It feeds and fires reliably in my guns and the price on hollow points is hard to beat. Regretably, Ammoman does not carry it. I get it at J&G sales in Prescott Arizona, but there are other places online that sell it also. If you pick a place relatively close to you, then the shipping is less of a problem.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It's been awhile since buying ammo at sportsmansguide.....the last time I ordered any ammo would be last week..ammoman this time. I ordered on Wed.(when they're closed) shipped early Thurs. had it by Mon morning. UPS rocks! Sadly I could only afford 500rds. of the 9mm NATO
When I can afford it I will be ordering from em again....more 9mm and some Lake City 5.56mm in the very hard to find 20-rd boxes. The loose stuff is more common now due to the wars.
Cabelas sometimes has awesome deals....I found that out after shoppin around for a backpack. After thinkin all was lost I checked Cabelas last. Sure enough they had exactly what I'd been lookin at on a dozen different sites....cheaper than em all even.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts