Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally was able to close the deal on this Arsenal AK. Looks and feels great. Got it for $400.00. I thought the guy had more mags than just one...And it is a small mag. Guess I need to get to lookin for a few AK mags. Where to get them? And how much is proper? This is my first AK, so I know nothing about them. Thanks to all you guys that helped me out with the info on this gun. Especially Einheit13!

A photo of my lil buddy saying, "Daddy, just what the hell are you gonna do with that?"

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
dang 400$ for a milled aresnal, you stole that rifle. looks like a post ban gun, i would drop the scope mount, and put a regular stock and pistol grip on it.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't shot it yet, but I am gonna try it out and see how I like it as is. If I don't like how it does, then I will prolly do just that!

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Very nice looking and a great deal.

Don't know much about AK's 'cause I never owned one.

This place has a lot of AK mags listed. Don't know if it is good prices or not. May want to check it out. Scroll down, they are listed near the bottom of the page.

Classic Arms Inc.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was obtained from an older man that lives about 3 hours from me. A co-worker of mine knew him and said that he had an AK for sale. I said, I will look at it and see if I want it. Saw it and loved it. Anyway, I told him that he could get more elsewhere, but it Mississippi, AK's are not "The Fad" and that I would give him 400 (came with the scope and a cheap nylon bag). ANyway, he checked with a couple of gun folks and sent work back to me that he would sell it. So...There ya have it. It is all mine! :cool:

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a really nice stock on your rifle, what make is it?
I think it is the original. I will look at it and see if it says anything different. If it does I will pm you and let you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it is the original. I will look at it and see if it says anything different. If it does I will pm you and let you know.
OK thanks, i'd appreciate that. Here in New Zealand we aren't allowed stand alone pistol grips (yeah I know, what diff does it make), so that stock would be a nice alternative.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The rifle is nice but I like the pic of your dog the best.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Damn that was a GREAT price!You should have bought him dinner,or at least kissed him on back of the neck lol.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a really nice stock on your rifle, what make is it?
It is made my Arsenal. Has their Logo on the butt of it. Guess you could shop around and see could you find one.?

Uses single stack mags, right?
No, it came with a double stack. Just very short. Had some wolf ammo in it. Haven't taken it out to see how many rounds are in the mag.

The rifle is nice but I like the pic of your dog the best.
Hell yeah! He is my bestest friend (besides my wife)...Although, he doesn't stay on my case about anything...unless he is hungry. He is a lil chubby for a Jack Russell Terrier, but we love him anyway...His nam is Zak.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow, that's a great deal for a great rifle! Congrats to you. I shoot all Arsenal AKs and like them a lot. In fact I had a Romy G built up by a reputable maker but it still was no match for my Arsenals.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The rifle you have is an slr 95 and it's worth about 6-700 right now. Milled bulgarian reciever. I bought mine for about 300 back in 97. Good deal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts