Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking in to getting, build a (few) AR's. I'm curious as to if there are any gun groups, or build groups in, or near Philladelphia, Pa. I live outside Philly, but will travel a few hours for the right wisdom. I know Mcvivian is too far away....lol.... But I'd fly out there to dig his brain...LOl...talk to ya!

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
There are quite a few good videos on the net that go over building AR's. Google is your friend. :cool:

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
6,667 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the Colt is in good shape I'd go for it.

Build or buy?

If you can find a complete rifle that you like, buy it.
Good parts are getting hard if not impossible to find now.

here is an update from Denny @ GTS about parts availability right now.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: An update from inside the Industry on parts

availability
Heading down tomorrow!! I"ll let you know how I make out! Thanks for the info. There's also a gun show this weekend here in King of Prussia. From wht I've be reading here on the forum, they're raping people lately on these gun shows. We'll see... Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
I think we just did one a little while ago, but I can't remember if it was a TRP (TheRallyPoint) or AR15.com "sponsored" build.

I think Jtkratzer participated... Donley's Gunshop generally has most anything you need for building (although I'd imagine he's running out of stock as well with the current situation).

I do know that they weren't building ARs up from scratch.

You might want to check on the Hometown forums of AR15.com because there's a lot more AR enthusiasts from the Philly area there.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
Heading down tomorrow!! I"ll let you know how I make out! Thanks for the info. There's also a gun show this weekend here in King of Prussia. From wht I've be reading here on the forum, they're raping people lately on these gun shows. We'll see... Thanks again!
Yep, don't expect to find many 'scary guns' for a decent price.

You can probably find some good milsurp guns there though and shotguns/hunting rifles, and as always you have as good of a chance or better finding a good deal from private sellers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts