Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was seriously considering sending my XD to see if they can fix the jamming problem. I went and shot it at the range, this day I shot 100 rounds, 0 problems. It's odd like that though. It was the best day I have had with it yet. If I took it to shoot tomorrow, I'm sure it would be another story.

Anyways, out of sheer bordom I decided to rent a G19. I shot a box of 9mm and fell in love. ZERO recoil compared to my .45's and .40s it seemed like. Follow up shots were quick and dead-on-balls accurate. I was impressed even though I have talked some major smack about the 9mm being a sissy round for self defense and I swore I would never use nothing but .45s
Well I got to the counter and started to look back and forth between a new G19 and my XD40 like in Return of the Jedi when Darth eyeballs back and forth at the Emperor and Luke to decide where his heart is.

The XD got left and I brought home the G19. I had briefly considered a XD9, but like the Glock better. It just feels lighter and slimmer and reliability should be a given.

Buh-bye XD.....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
RockinAR said:
Well I got to the counter and started to look back and forth between a new G19 and my XD40 like in Return of the Jedi when Darth eyeballs back and forth at the Emperor and Luke to decide where his heart is.
Except you went to the Darkside.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have both a glock 19 and a XD 9 and I have never liked the grip of the glock 19. the XD 9 on the other hand is just right for me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dragoon44 said:
I have both a glock 19 and a XD 9 and I have never liked the grip of the glock 19. the XD 9 on the other hand is just right for me.
Yeah, the 19 ergos are not as good as the XD. But it feels a lot slimmer and lighter than the XD which I really like.

·
Registered
277 Posts
:shock: How could you not be? Do you have any concern for what could happen . I own a G-17 And i,m a little worried about it.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Before I even heard of the XD, I intended to buy a Glock subcompact for ccw. Tried a few out at the range and didn't like them for various reasons posted elsewhere: too small of a slide release button (I was told I could replace it with one from a larger Glock; shouldn't have to), no ambi mag release, plastic sights and mags.

After reading all of the posts on the cracked Glocks, I am sure glad I didn't buy one. I noted one of the guys there made a statement to the effect that all guns have problems, deal with them as they occur. I won't deal with a series of guns that crack, whether or not it is fixed by the manufacturer. An isolated occurrence ok, but not a number of them.

BTW, that Yoda character is whacked!! :shock:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, the 19 ergos are not as good as the XD. But it feels a lot slimmer and lighter than the XD which I really like.
I think the Glock 19 is an excellent pistol it just doesnt fit my hand right. if I hadnt picked up the XD 9 I probably would have sent the 19 off for a grip reduction. I handled one that had it and it made the 19 feel pretty good to me.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
8324glock

It is your fault. You are probably limpwristing. You can't shoot reloads.

Glocks are perfect.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nice Cracks.......I own glocks and I am concerned!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The Glock 9's are good pistols, and durable as hell; almost zero kaboom problems with these, too. If my hand hadn't been ground to the Browning/Colt grip angle, I'd pack one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
L I N C H P I N said:
:shock: How could you not be? Do you have any concern for what could happen . I own a G-17 And i,m a little worried about it.
It's just a small crack in the dust cover. None of the cracks have caused any problems with the functioning of the gun, yet. Maybe they never will. The cracks could be caused from anything. Could be the guns are a POS. Could be they all left the guns in hot vehicles, could be aliens tampered with them, could be ANY reason why the cracks are there. Glocks are good guns. Until my particular gun starts having problems, Im not going to worry about it. Will I keep my eye out for it? Yes? Worry about it? No.

·
Registered
268 Posts
RockinAR is a troll dont let him get you wound up

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
invssgt said:
The Glock 9's are good pistols, and durable as hell; almost zero kaboom problems with these, too. If my hand hadn't been ground to the Browning/Colt grip angle, I'd pack one in a heartbeat.
invssgt nailed it. I had the G-19 before my HS2K, and could find absolutely no problem with it. The one and only contributing factor for me to go with the HS, was the superior grip angle, and the natural pointability (for me)...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Who in the hell keeps farting in these rooms?! :shock:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Enjoy your 19 rockinAR, I am enjoying my 17. The XD has not made it out in awhile. The 17 is alot of fun to shoot and I thought the same about the 9mm. I love my 45acp but like the 9mm over the 40 S&W. Now a 10mm is a whole other story. Congrats on the G19 and keep it stock.

·
Registered
298 Posts
G19 is a great gun. I've had my G17 10 years before getting my XD and its still going strong. my next gun is going to be a GAP and i'm having a hard time deciding on a G38 or an XD service.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts