Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I typically carry an XD9SC in jeans and a t-shirt or with and untucked shirt or both. I have thought about a 380 as a BUG or in a pants pocket for when I don't feel I can conceal my XD9 well. After doing some looking and reading, I don't know that they are signigantly smaller than what I have. The shop was busy and I was in a hurry and didn't try sticking one in my pocket to see, but thin is about the only advantage I see. Am I somewhat correct or are they in fact alot easier to conceal than a typical sub compact? I have thought of an ankle holster, but like to wear cowboy boots alot and didn't know how that might hinder an ankle holster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pic. I'll agree, there is a difference, but not as much as I was hoping when I first started looking. I don't use a mag extention, so mine would be basically the same height. My clothes don't have huge or deep pockets which is part of my limitation. Was hoping to find something that would go in a pocket holster and fit about like my wallet.

May have to buy some pants with bigger pockets. :cry:

Have thought about the NAA Mini Revolvers in 22 mag. Better than a rock. :cool:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yeah there is a huge difference. A gun like the LCP is going to be much thinner. They also weigh close to nothing. I recently picked up an LCP and its been a great little gun so far. I've only had it for about a month and have already put 350 rounds through it. I wanted to make sure I had at least 300 rounds through it before I began to carry it. On hot summer days it should be a great little carry piece. Here are a few crappy cell phone pictures that compare the size to my M&P's (sorry guys sold my XD9SC). I should of taken a picture that shows how thin it is.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The only thing I hated about the lcp was the trigger pull. Also I have large hands and to me it felt like it was about to flip forward out of my hand when I fired one. If it was me I'd look for a different one but you may like it I sure didn't.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You carry it in a back or front pocket or ankle? What style jeans? Maybe I need to go back and look again.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You carry it in a back or front pocket or ankle? What style jeans? Maybe I need to go back and look again.
I like carrying it in my back pocket. I have the DeSantis nemesis pocket holster and it works nicely. It looks like a wallet in my back pocket. I wear all sorts of pants and it seems to work well with all of them. Generally I wear loose fit or boot cut jeans. Not too loose not too tight... As long as I don't have to sit on a hard surface I really don't notice it.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
One of my BUGs is a Bersa .380. Believe me, it is much easier to conceal than my XD.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
CW is always about trade offs & how you dress. I am not a fan of the small 380, better than nothing, but I would rather keep my min at the 9mm. The Kahr is an option, but pricey as is the KelTec. About the soze of most pokcet 380 w/ far better ballistics.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wieght is the biggest difference that comes to mind. While an xd might fit in a pocket, I would not want to run with it in there. A little 3at will hardly even register in ones mind as it flops about.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Depends on your build and how you dress.

If I'm wearing a white shirt and tie, then I have a jacket on, so I can carry anything I want.

If I'm wearing a darker colored shirt that I have to tuck in, then I carry my XD40 in a Desantis Tuck This and tuck the shirt in over the gun.

I used to pocket carry my wife's beretta tomcat sometimes, but she started carrying it, so I no longer can :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased a S&W bodyguard 380 to carry when Im in shorts or when the clothes Im wearing are prohibitive from carrying my xd s.c. I'm happy with the weapon and it fits well in a front pocket

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I just got a KelTec PF9 and love carrying it. It's very light and thin and easy to conceal even with you shirt tucked in. It's thinner at the grips and the same at the slide as the Bersa .380 and it's lighter than the bersa. Best thing is it's a 9mm.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have a Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 that is perfect for dress up or even the hot days when you want to be almost naked :shock::oops:. Colt is re releasing the Mustang .380 in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I own both the Ruger LCP and the xd-9sc.

There is a huge difference in size, weight, and concealability.
Dittos, with my LCP I find myself carrying more often, or throwing it in a laptop or backpack bag, or in my jean's front pocket when I normally would not take any of my other handguns. For that reason alone, I love my Ruger LCP.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I love my LCP, it can fit just about anywhere I want to carry it. I have an IWB and it'll go in any pocket but best of all it gives me the confidence to carry all of the time. Check out the Ruger LC9. It's a little bigger and is a 9mm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts