Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've read and read and read. But I still don't understand which buffer to go with. I am building a LMT upper with a Ctr stock and an H2 buffer, mid length. Also a Noveske upper with a UBR stock H2 buffer, also mid length. Is that good or did I go to heavy? I thought it would be good but now I'm second guessing myself.

Both AR's are going to be tacticooled and for wanna be commando use in the desert and SHTF.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Really depends if it is an AR15 or AR10. If AR10 and UBR, you must get a Heavy Buffer.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have the H2 buffers in my collapsible stock AR's (one mid- and one CAR-length). I have never shot anything through any of these rifles other than 55gr FMJ, 68gr and 69gr BH and Federal Match and Reloads, and 75gr BH Match and reloads, and it cycles all of that ammo 100%. I don't know about subsonic loads for a can or other "light" charge loads, but it doesn't sound like that is the kind of ammo you'll be shooting anyway.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
to late you already have them coming

the H2 buffer will work just fine don't fret it if you have problems send them back to me and I will replace them with standard buffers and refund the difference.

ETA:

I did not sell them to him off this site he contacted me directly over the phone and requested to make the purchase

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
You should be fine with the H2. If you were to put a regular A1/A2 buttstock on it, the rifle length buffer is heavier than the H2 is anyway, and even 16 inch car lengths handle them all the time. Just look at all the post ban carbines out there or the Remington varminter R15 or whatever the model number is.

Although the rage is collapsible stocks, there's a lot to be said for Rifle length stocks. Most people just don't sit down and think about all of that though.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Although the rage is collapsible stocks, there's a lot to be said for Rifle length stocks. Most people just don't sit down and think about all of that though.
Not meant as a "poke" at you John but.........

I'll take an adjustable stock over a fixed "rifle" length stock any day. Depending on what type of clothing, jacket/coat, molle vest, ect. you are wearing the "evil" collasping stock is your best choice.
I shoot NTCH and with a fixed stock it is impossible for me to do so with an A2/A1 stock or an adjustable fully extended.

Getting rid of the A2 stock was the first thing I did when the AWB sunsetted.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Found this............

buffers
CAR buffer 2.96oz
Bushmaster H buffer 3.75oz
CMT H2 buffer 4.57oz
HK416 buffer 4.6oz (essentially an H2)
CMT H3 buffer 5.43oz
Enidine hydraulic CAR buffer 4.34oz (newest type, softer spring rate)
Enidine hydraulic rifle length buffer 5.84oz
Bushmaster rifle buffer 5.2oz
Colt 9mm buffer 5.6oz
MGI rate reducing buffer 7.1oz.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Mvician, no offense taken at all.

I wasn't trying to imply that he should ditch the collapsible. I own a lot of different kinds of stocks including collapsibles too. They all have their place, and I admit, the first thing I did when the AWB ended was buy an M93.

My main point being was that the OP was asking about reliability with an H2 and I was just pointing out that it should work just fine considering there is more resistance with a rifle length setup and we both know that they work in a CAR gas system too.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the H2 buffers in my collapsible stock AR's (one mid- and one CAR-length). I have never shot anything through any of these rifles other than 55gr FMJ, 68gr and 69gr BH and Federal Match and Reloads, and 75gr BH Match and reloads, and it cycles all of that ammo 100%. I don't know about subsonic loads for a can or other "light" charge loads, but it doesn't sound like that is the kind of ammo you'll be shooting anyway.
Ok, I'll be shooting Surplus Privi and Lake City 55gr and 62gr bullets only.

to late you already have them coming

the H2 buffer will work just fine don't fret it if you have problems send them back to me and I will replace them with standard buffers and refund the difference.
Not a problem bro. I just have this thing about over thinking stuff and then second guessing. But it all looks good now.

Not meant as a "poke" at you John but.........

I'll take an adjustable stock over a fixed "rifle" length stock any day. Depending on what type of clothing, jacket/coat, molle vest, ect. you are wearing the "evil" collasping stock is your best choice.
I shoot NTCH and with a fixed stock it is impossible for me to do so with an A2/A1 stock or an adjustable fully extended.

Getting rid of the A2 stock was the first thing I did when the AWB sunsetted.
+1 Mike.

Espcially with the UBR. That is your "fixed" stock that can be fitted to your shoulder when wearing a vest/jacket/etc. Plus the collapsibles make the rifle able to fit a variety of shooters.

My main point being was that the OP was asking about reliability with an H2 and I was just pointing out that it should work just fine considering there is more resistance with a rifle length setup and we both know that they work in a CAR gas system too.
Thanks John, you and others have put my fears to rest! :D

:lol: at least nobody has asked what that "SPROING" sound is. :lol:
Umm.. what is that Sproing sound Mike?! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts