Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a sbr in 556. I want a cheap fun toy to play with. This will not serve as personal/ home defense. Just fun at the range gun. I don't want a palmettostate armory but I'm not looking for a lwrc either.

What stripped upper/ lower would you recommend on a budget build?

Spikes? Aero precision?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently have a nice palmetto gun i built for competitive shooting. Just thinking about a name brand easier to sell if that time ever comes.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Just so you know, unless something has changed, Aero makes Spikes lowers. Or at least at one time they did.

The important thing is you get a lower that it's in spec, otherwise, the rollmark really doesn't make a difference.

Unless of course you just want it for "cool factor" or plan to resell it, which would negate paying the $200 making tax because with the way the market is, no one wants to buy someone elses' SBR lower and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, it's too easy to build your own than to buy someone elses'.

Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Built both my SBRs off of PSA or Spikes upper and lower blems. Both work as well as my old Colts. I wouldn't hesitate to build off either again.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You're building an AR SBR that you're going to pay an extra $200 just to have a barrel shorter than 16" and wait at least 9 months for ultimate approval from the federal government and you're concerned about a $20-$50 differential for some potential resale in the future? SBRs aren't like regular rifles. Forget future resale and build the gun that YOU like...just like a vast majority of future SBR owners will do. It's not impossible to sell a used SBR, but it sure isn't as easy as selling a "regular" AR-15.

I used Aero Precision.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Buy direct from aero, and look for blems. I got an upset and a lower, both blems, for 115 including ffl for my pistol build. Next part, 1 tiny mark on each, and nothing that won't show up after you use it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I built mine on an Anderson Lower that cost me $55.00 w/tax!! It is as good as any Aero Precision lower I have used. All my money is in the upper (an LMT 10.5") that I bought for a guy that needed money...I got it for $350.00, so I saved $200 to $300.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
You mean $255 after taxes lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buy direct from aero, and look for blems. I got an upset and a lower, both blems, for 115 including ffl for my pistol build. Next part, 1 tiny mark on each, and nothing that won't show up after you use it.
That's a good deal. I'll check their site for blems.

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
butt-stock to the head is going to be more like a bildo slap to the face. just not a fan, but enjoy your build.
I always told my soldiers NOT to butt stroke with a M16 for fear of ending up with a non-functional weapon!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts