Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please recommend a good website to buy brass/nylon cleaning rods/brushes, etc. I found a decent site in faithassociates.com but they don't have online checkout. You have to mail in a order form. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions...nocalkind

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Wouldn't it be less costly when you figure in shipping, etc., to just go to your local gun store or Walmart and buy the stuff and have it on hand immediately? Just wondering, each to his own.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
retired said:
Wouldn't it be less costly when you figure in shipping, etc., to just go to your local gun store or Walmart and buy the stuff and have it on hand immediately? Just wondering, each to his own.
If you just need the basics then the neighborhood store will do, but if you need higher end jags, tips, one piece nylon coated rods and other upgraded cleaning items then a site like www.midwayusa.com will give you a much better choice. I've used them when I used to reload and had good service and received excellent quality products.
Ever since Wolf ammo, my reloading days have stopped for the most part. At least I have the option to "cook" up some homemade rounds if I have a need........................NAAAaah! :x

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I tend to buy this stuff at Wallmart, costs a lot less. I am slowly working on a lifetime supply of patches I bought off of K-Mart when they liquidated their gun dept. a year or two back. IF Walmart does not carry it then your local gun store will.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
belive it or not, the closest Wal-Mart is an hour and a half away from me, and the local K-Mart has an abismal selection of products in their "sporting dept". The 2 local gun shops charge about 20-40% more (because they can) than comparable products online. So yes, it is much cheaper for me to buy my stuff online as long as I can pick up enough stuff at once to make it a good deal on shipping. Thanks for the responses, nocalkind

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Well, with that in mind, I'd go with hobocircus' suggestion. He has had good experiences with them, so they sound like they will have what you want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Midway is a great site. I've been there a couple times a few months back but forgot about them entirely of late. I've got their link saved now. Thanks for steering me back in the right direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts