Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as some of you know, I bit the bullet and bought a Buckmark Camper. Largely impart to it's lower price and better grip...

I took it to the range last night and man, i love this thing! I definitely should have started off with a .22 before i went 9MM. I noticed right away that I had a slight flinching problem but after a few shots with the .22 I had it ironed out. (with the .22 at least :cool:)

I still need a little more work, but i'll certainly be putting in alot more hours practicing now that it's cheaper for me to do so (besides the fact that the range went up $2!).

The first 100 shots were flawless (CCI), but then i switched over to the Winchester 333 and had a few FTE's. I'll be buying some other ammo for future shoots.

[Off Topic :]
I'm planning on putting in my order for the XDM .40 Compact today. I tried to find someone here that had one for me to test with but i had no luck. Think i'd be alright just buying one anyway lol? I've actually already ordered the LG-448 and the Crossbread holster for it :p

Thanks,
Flashy

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've also noticed that the CCI stuff shoots better in all of the 22s that I have owned. Even the CCI standard velocity 500rd packs shoot great, and are all I use. I used to own a Camper and really enjoyed shooting it.

Though, as I mentioned it in the other thread, I would recommend not disassembling the gun often for cleaning, unless there are problems due to gunk or the need to replace the recoil spring assembly arise. I just use a toothbrush, solvent, a cue tip or two, and a bore snake.

Also, don't over torque the screws which hold the rear sight base on. Instead, some blue loctite works great. And I've found that Slip 2000 EWL is a great lube. It's clean, cheap, and non-toxic.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also noticed that the CCI stuff shoots better in all of the 22s that I have owned. Even the CCI standard velocity 500rd packs shoot great, and are all I use. I used to own a Camper and really enjoyed shooting it.

Though, as I mentioned it in the other thread, I would recommend not disassembling the gun often for cleaning, unless there are problems due to gunk or the need to replace the recoil spring assembly arise. I just use a toothbrush, solvent, a cue tip or two, and a bore snake.

Also, don't over torque the screws which hold the rear sight base on. Instead, some blue loctite works great. And I've found that Slip 2000 EWL is a great lube. It's clean, cheap, and non-toxic.
Okay Great. Thanks for the heads-up/advice!

·
Registered
146 Posts
That Buckmark is a great little pistol. I sold my Neo and got the Buckmark last year and have absolutely loved it.

As far as lube goes, I also use SLIP2000 EWL - but not on the Buckmark. My wife & kids all hate that little splatter that comes out of those .22 pistols even with a tiny amount of oil, so I started using gun grease instead.

As far as ammo goes, I've used the Remington value packs without any problems.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm also shopping for a .22 pistol. I stopped by my LGS on Tuesday and fondled the Mark III 22/45 and the Buckmark. Both are good guns, but I prefer the Browning's comfort. Plus, I hear cleaning/disassembly on the Rugers is a PITA.

I see you're in GA. Where did you find your Buckmark and did you get a good deal on it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also shopping for a .22 pistol. I stopped by my LGS on Tuesday and fondled the Mark III 22/45 and the Buckmark. Both are good guns, but I prefer the Browning's comfort. Plus, I hear cleaning/disassembly on the Rugers is a PITA.

I see you're in GA. Where did you find your Buckmark and did you get a good deal on it?

I went to Academy. I believe it was about $269.99 ?
I'm in the Augusta Area.

·
Registered
305 Posts
+1 for the Buck Mark. I have 3 of them, one Bullseye Target model and 2 Campers. We shoot Steel Challenge with them, and they work out great. I seem to have better luck with the CCI mini mag. I have aftermarket barrels on all of them because I like the lighter barrel for Steel shooting. The original barrels are fine and very accurate.

I designed a Comp for the Tac-Sol barrels that works great.

·
Registered
841 Posts
+1 for the Buck Mark. I have 3 of them, one Bullseye Target model and 2 Campers. We shoot Steel Challenge with them, and they work out great. I seem to have better luck with the CCI mini mag. I have aftermarket barrels on all of them because I like the lighter barrel for Steel shooting. The original barrels are fine and very accurate.

I designed a Comp for the Tac-Sol barrels that works great.
Wow, at Whittaker Guns, they have a red and white set of aluminum grips that would be perfect for two of those! They look great, though, as-is.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Glad you are liking the BuckMark.... I absolutely love mine. You'll find it is really great to spend lots of time on the range for little ammo cost!

My Buck has been accurate and reliable, and has been a great way to iron out the bugs between range trips with my .40's.

Have fun, be safe!

For the poster wondering about purchase price - it seems that Academy Sports has some of the best prices on them, although, you can't always know what they have for models on stock.... one time it will be a stainless... next a stock, black one.... then maybe a Camper with pink grips and a fiber-optic front sight.... who knows what the next time would be?... however, prices were really good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just bout one of these for my wife. (Really it was just a way to get another gun that I can shoot.)
Have not had a chance to pick it up yet thou. We had to leave town for work the day we bout it and will not be home to pick it up and take it for its first range trip till the 2nd of July.

Cant wait to shoot it!

·
Registered
305 Posts
My girlfriend shoots the middle one and loves it. We also thread the Tac-Sol barrels. The top and middle ones are the 7 1/4" barrels that you can't get threaded from Tac-Sol anymore.

I'm in the process of building her a 9mm Open gun.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I went to Academy. I believe it was about $269.99 ?
I'm in the Augusta Area.
That's a pretty good price. I'd have to double check the model numbers but my local gun shop had one for $320 when I looked. They usually have outstanding prices. I don't get to Augusta much but I do on occasion...I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts