Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this Browning 9mm beauty up a few weeks back. It's over twenty five years old and it looks brand new.

Here it is with my SIG P225.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was made by Sig Sauer and imported by Browning before SIG set up shop in the USA. It's basically a SIG P220 9mm with a slightly different slide shape. Slide release is at the rear and the de-cocker just to the front of the slide release tab.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Wow, those are both very neat looking guns. I don't know that I've ever seen one with the decocker in front of the slide release. I really like the finish on that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it at one of the local guns shops I frequent. I paid $475.00 for it. I looked on Gunbroker.com to see if any were listed for price comparison and found one listed at $1,100.00 "Buy Now".

I can't afford safe queens so I have already used it at the range but it will never see a holster. I want to keep it looking as new as possible but I already have one tiny scratch on the right side of the slide. :cry: At the same time I like the well worn patina of my P225 but some day when I hit the lotto I will get a backup P225 to keep as a unfired safe queen.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I was just relooking at the pics, and I can't help but wonder; where is the mag release on that Browning?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has the super secret German telepathic magazine release system. Just think about it and it's gone.

Actually it has the European style release on the heel of the grip at the bottom of the magazine. Drawback is it requires two hands and is slow. The advantage is you are less likely to have an accidental release of the magazine.

The Browning (or SIG P220) is a full size gun and the P225 in the picture is a compact. A P220 slide looks like the P225, only longer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's another angle. You can barely see the mag release in this picture. It's not the silver thingy at the edge of the grip. That is the laynard loop.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, after the first DA shot the gun goes to SA which is why it has a de-cocker, but any SIG P-Series pistol can be converted to Double Action Only which I have thought about doing to my P225.

New SIGs can be had with the DAK trigger action which is a very light but long DAO but I have no problem with the standard 12 LB DA.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I want one so badly...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, I know that this is an old thread, but I just have to tell you.
I went to a combination estate sale/auction over the last two days. All guns and knives! I picked up some NICE, un-fired S&W wheelguns from the 60's and 70's. With the boxes, papers and tools too.
But, today when I went to get my last gun (what I thought was my last gun anyway) They still had 3 guns left...all Browning BDA's in 9mm.
I was completely unfamiliar with them but realized that they looked an awful lot like a Sig. Heck, they even said Sig Sauer, made in W. Germany.
The price on them was $850, $620 and $600.
Since it was at the end of the auction and everything had to go...I ask "what's the least that you'd take"? They say make an offer (I'm thinking about the $850 gun w/box and papers and 2 mags and lanyard clip). I'm scared to offer them too little, they say, offer me something. I say $200, they say how about $300? I say YES Sir!:)

But I didn't buy the other two. Then I get home, did some research and find out about these little gems. I called back, they're gone!:cry:
But hey, I'm not complaining, I made out like a bandit on all that I bought there. This Browning has an even better trigger (DA and SA) than my P220 Elite. And as nice a reset as my P220 with the SRT! WOW!
I forgot to mention, this BDA looks as to have never been fired...just like the S&W's that I bought. The mags are absolutely clean, no scratches and the barrel also looks to be brand new!! WOW, WOW!!

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I've been looking for this same machine since this original thread a few years
ago.

Finally found it today at the gun show in Lexington, Ky. I am happy now!! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts