Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my XD45 Tactical to a tactical pistol shoot. We were shooting pepper poppers at about 40 yards. Dragging a simulated person with one hand while backing up and shooting with the other hand. I must say it was fun and made me realize shooting and moving at the same time is gonna take some practice to get use to. I plan to attend this even once a month. I just got my XDm 9mm from powder river. As soon as I sight it in, i am gonna use it since 9mm rounds are a cheaper way to go.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Took my XD45 Tactical to a tactical pistol shoot. We were shooting pepper poppers at about 40 yards. Dragging a simulated person with one hand while backing up and shooting with the other hand. I must say it was fun and made me realize shooting and moving at the same time is gonna take some practice to get use to. I plan to attend this even once a month. I just got my XDm 9mm from powder river. As soon as I sight it in, i am gonna use it since 9mm rounds are a cheaper way to go.
Where do they do stuff like this? Sounds fun! Are they organized events or put on by ranges? I doubt anybody near me does anything like it though...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the 40 yard shots were static two handed. Most of the one handed shots are much closer. Below is a link of the match I attended. Gonna take some video nx time I go.

Tactical Handgun Match Information:
When - 3rd Saturday
Where - Ranges 4 & 5
How Much - $15.00
Activity Director - Dan Adair
Time - 8:30 to Mid-Afternoon

Chabot's Tactical Handgun Matches will provide experienced shooters with challenging and realistic courses of fire featuring movement, multiple target engagement and unconventional shooting positions.
Matches will emphasize real world scenarios and be shot with initial weapon concealment. We will shoot from contact distance out to 45 yards. We will allow ample use of "no-shoots" to compel fire control discipline and accuracy as well as speed. We will use steel freely. Each match will have from 3 to 6 stages with flexible round counts up to 40 per stage with a total for the match of approximately 150 rounds.
Each participant should bring any safe handgun, (any service type semi-auto 9mm or larger is recommended). Revolvers can be used. The shooter will need a belt holster that covers the trigger guard, retains the handgun and is concealable under the clothing the shooter will be wearing that day. The shooter will need enough magazines or speed-loaders to complete a 40 round stage.
There are few limitations on the firearms other than that they be safe and concealable nor are there limitations on the number or capacity of magazines.
New shooters will be trained in the proper drawing and other techniques before joining the rest of the match. Permission to join the match will be at the sole discretion of the Activity Manager or his Assistant.
Specific rules are in development but in general they follow 3-Gun for scoring and philosophy. 3 Gun Details. Click on this link for detailed information about 3 Gun rules. We will be reevaluating and revising the 3 Gun rules shortly.
Dan Adair: [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts