Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special, it's just like everyone else's. I've been looking for an alternative to the G19 when I don't want to carry it. I held an LC9, it was nice but a considerable amount bigger/heavier than the LCP. My local gun store had them for $275 + $10 background check so I couldn't say no! I bought a Blackhawk inside the pocket holster, some PMC ammo, and some Federal hollowpoints to go with it.

These things are tiny! I am leaning towards getting the Crimson Trace for it since the stock sights are.... lacking.

I plan to run it through it's paces soon. I'm very excited I can atleast carry something when my outfit doesn't allow me to conceal the G19. A few pics....

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
That is exactly why I have one, I seem to carry more since it is so small and light. I added the CT, nice addition. Congrats you will love it.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
You will like it, they are great little pistols. Mine ate everything I fed it. Once you get used to the trigger and sights, they are surprisingly accurate. I could easily keep all 50 rounds on a 8" target from 15 yards.(50 is about as much as you'll want to shoot in a session before the web of your hand begs you to stop);)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I carry mine every day, I hate the trigger but I like that I can leave it in my pocket w/o any safety and I never worry about it. I want to upgrade to a sig p238 someday but for half the price I think I'll stick with the lcp for a while longer.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I wish they'd made the trigger pull a bit more manageable, I need to stop and take another deep breath before I muscle up again to keep pulling :)

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
i just ordered one my self. simple fact it is great little gun.. perfect for anything just need to run down the road toss it in your pocket...

i to will get the CT and pinky ext.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Love those little pocket pistols for deep CC. Not sure I'd put a laser on what is basically a point and shoot short range pistol but to each there own.
Good Luck

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sometimes the BG just seeing the little dot bouncing around on his chest will do the trick. If not then I'll get to see first hand what kind of penetration I'll get with 6 JHP's

·
Registered
159 Posts
Great little pistol! Kind of hard to keep a handle on while firing because my hands are big, usually end up with powder burns on my left index finger.
I am point of torso at 20' though and reload times are decent.
Carry in a pocket holster or in a shielded tuck in holster.
This reminds me I need to get some range time drawing from winter clothes.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If not then I'll get to see first hand what kind of penetration I'll get with 6 JHP's
Not 7? :confused:

To the OP: Congrats on the new gun. I have about 500 rounds through my LCP with just one failure to extract in the first 200 rounds. I think I may end up selling it to help fund a CM9 though.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I thought of trading my P3at a couple of times, especially when it came to financing my PM9, but with what they wanted to give me for a used P3at I decided to keep it. It's just worth more to me then that as it's been a great little deep conceal carry weapon . I still carry it from time to time when nothing else including the PM9 fills the bill the way I'd like it to. Sometimes use it as a back up pistol.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Love mine and carry it regularly. I have the CT LaserGuard on mine, solely because of my poor vision. Easier for me to see the dot than align the short sights.

Heck, Gov. Rick Perry killed a coyote with the same set up! LOL.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Love mine to death. It splits time in a DeSantis Nemesis or Crossbreed MicroClip. Both are great holsters and I wear the right one according to what I'm wearing at the time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The local Sportmans Warehouse has the LCP on sale for $269. I was about to go all in for a LC9, but now I'm leaning back towards the LCP... arggg! Decisions decisions!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts