Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time i took it out shooting, the striker retainer pin fell out. Does anyone know where i can get these? I dont want it to be out of commision for too long.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Look/ask for a 3mm x 16mm roll pin (also called a split pin). Local hardware or auto parts store may have them. Or email me your address and I'll drop some into the mail for you. :D

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
your not going to make him do anything special Don?

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Ah alright: louie nuklez you must post "WSU Cougs rule!" before I send them out (if you can't find them locally).

WSU Cougars really are the best damn losing team in the country. Great stats and scoring against ranked teams, but just no final score. Lost to #11 Oregon last night 34-31. Running back Jerome Harrison is #1 in the nation at 1,693 yards this season with one game to go. Other good stats, just not wins. :(

·
Registered
603 Posts
The same thing happened to me a month or so ago, after around 1500 rounds. I tried to widen the pin with a flathead screwdriver, but it cracked along the backside as soon as I applied pressure. I called up Springfield, gave them my mailing address, and a new pin came within a week, free of charge. :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
They usually stay in place just fine. When they come they are a bit fatter than the hole, I had to crimp the end shut a bit with pliers to get it started. Then they drive in and the spring tensionn holds them.

I am not sure why they seem to break in some and not others, there may be a slight tolerance difference that makes or breaks it (pun intended :wink: ).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess i have to get springfield to send me one.....i can find them here, but there all standard. (no metric) Thanks for you help Don.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
If you post "WSU Coug rule" I send you some for free. It can't hurt that bad can it? :D

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Damn, I leave the "s" off of Cougs and you mock me with your accuracy! 8)
Email me your address and I'll put them in the mail tomorrow!

:D

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
If your zip code is xxx68 then yep, and I sent a reply.
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts