Springfield XD Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Happened around the 5-6000 round mark.
Bushmaster unshrouded firing pin BCG.
Firing pin retainer pin broke on the side exposed to firing pin contact.
Weapon still functioned flawless.
1 gas ring also went missing from the bolt around the 7500 mark. Rifle continued running fine. Noticed it when cleaning after shooting.

Dang 2014 lol

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The original firing pin retaining pin in my old Olympic Arms XM177 clone started to bend a couple years ago (I have no idea how many rounds are through it as I bought it used and don't keep logs on my rifles/handguns). I replaced it with a new pin and haven't had any issues with it since.

No breakage issues on any of my other AR15's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
New DPMS Oracle. Around 1k rounds fired, the ejector retainer pin fell out and the ejector plunger and spring assembly promptly sent itself downrange somewhere. Followed by one of the LGS around here telling me that the one mag of wolf steel case I had run around the 200 round mark had caused it :-/

·
Registered
8 Posts
About 10K on LMT Bolt and no breakage . . . replaced O-rings at 5K. Did get the lugs stuck once, but that was my bad chamber alignment.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Delton BCG zero issues
Spikes Tactical (Fail Zero) NiB BCG zero issues

·
Registered
67 Posts
New DPMS Oracle. Around 1k rounds fired, the ejector retainer pin fell out and the ejector plunger and spring assembly promptly sent itself downrange somewhere. Followed by one of the LGS around here telling me that the one mag of wolf steel case I had run around the 200 round mark had caused it :-/
I'd put it to the oracle bolt.

·
Registered
295 Posts
One of my friends had a bushmaster he bought back in 2013, that after about 2k rounds, the gas rings wore so much the bolt couldn't support the weight of the bcg when stood up on a table. That rifle was starting to short stroke once ever few mags. That bcg was also showing significant wear on the cam pin, but had no issues. I bought my used PSA around the same time, and my cam pin had significantly less wear despite about the same, if not more use.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts