Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I even got my hands on my XD (that my father bought for me so thanks to him) I had .40 S&W and 9mm conversion barrels and a Don's rod & 22# spring. He was going to get me a tactical, but his dealer couldn't find one. I had a new service model with two 5" conversion barrels. I had to fine tune the 9mm to get it to fit the slide properly, but other than that there were no issues with fitment. I took everything to the local range and since this was my first time firing a centerfire handgun, I was a bit shakey. I've fired shotguns, rifles, and several automatic rifles/machineguns, but never pistols. I put plenty of rounds down range and kept most of it on the paper (I had trouble at 25 yards so I moved in to 25 feet). The 357 and 40 fired flawlessly, but with the heavy spring I was getting frequent FTF's and FTE's with the 9mm. I switched back to the stock spring and only had 1 FTE. In 2 days I put the following ammo through my XD:

100rds WWB FMJ 9mm
50rds WWB FMJ .40S&W
50rds WWB FMJ 357sig
30rds WWB JHP 357sig
30rds AE FMJ 357sig
4rds Speer GD JHP 357sig
4rds CorBon JHP 357sig

I keep overtightening my grip anticipating the recoil. I group pretty well, but they are all low. I catch myself nosing it down right when I think it's going to fire. Off the bench I can put 20rds in the 9 ring rapid firing and in the 10 ring slow firing. I shoot better if I just pull the trigger quickly instead of squeezing it. I just destroy my father with pistols. He took is P99 .40S&W out and would put about 7 of 10 on the paper at 25feet. He can literally drive tacks with his air rifle though.

Sorry for the ramble, I've been on leave in Florida for the last week or so and haven't had access to a computer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've just put about 500 rounds through my XD .357 Sig and it's great with Speer and DoubleTap ammo. No problems at all and the trigger just keeps getting smoother. I just sent the slide to Novak's for some night sights and I'm going through withdrawals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts