Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Break the rules, suffer the consequences..:(
He should have (and did) know better...:roll:

I have no sympathy...:???:

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Well, there was one of our votes for no...
You bet..

Why should he get a pass?
Because he was popular?

Why should Carl be able to dance around the rules of this forum with no repercussion..:confused:
Why should it be any different for him, or for the newbie that joined the forum just to troll...:confused:
Both knew the possible consequences for their actions...

The mods should stick with the decision made.....

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...​

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Three questions.
What did he do?
Was it the rapid fire posting?
Did he get a warning?

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
IMHO, this poll needs a third option: Give Carl a timeout

On the one hand, there was nothing in the knife contest OP suggesting that multiple posts were not allowed in the contest

On the other hand,
a) Attempting to skew the contest results by a factor of at least 50 to 1 may not have violated the rules set out in the OP, but I am pretty sure Ironmike did not expect that kind of behavior
b) IMHO, at a minimum, Carl's actions violated the spirit of what Ironmike intended
c) posting to a thread once every 10 seconds, for a couple of hours nonstop, is bound to get the attention of the Mods, and I highly doubt that would be positive attention
d) I did see some posts questioning Carl's tactics, they may, or may not have been from Mods, but Carl was at least cautioned, if not warned, about his behavior
e) most of Carl's posts were content heavy with gif's, requiring more bandwidth and storage space than a simple text message, which under the rules of O.P., would have still qualified for the contest

Having watched, and even participated to a limited extent, in the original thread, I believe the Mods had to do something. Warning or no warning? Up to the Mods, IMHO. Time out or permanent ban? Without the history and context the Mods have, I leave it to the Mods, that's why they make the big money and have the corner offices with the spectacular views! :)

I enjoyed Carl's input and will miss him if he is not allowed to return. At the end of the day, I know 2 things to be true: 1) Carl's behavior, and Carl's behavior alone, got him put on the sidelines, and 2) the knife giveaway thread will soon be like Woodstock, many will claim to have been there, few of us were actually there when it happened. :)

Ya all enjoy your weekend!
And yes, that includes Carl, and Jesse

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
carl was one of if not my favorite friend on here. don't know what happened but it hurts if this is true. I've never seen him post anything that would even come close to being out of line.

1 - 20 of 298 Posts