Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Poor thing was not even 24 hours "old" when I put her through 350 rounds... :mrgreen:

Click for bigger pics
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2028167500083585358xxUBph

Some targets @ about 40-45 feet.
First me with ~100 rd of Winchester White box.

Then mostly me and some wife with Blazer Brass.

Now back to Winchester White box FMJ and some HP. I had the head, she had the body.

Gun performed without a hitch. Will try to schedule some training time to see if it's the sights or myself that needs a little tweaking to the right. Since both wife and I did shoot generally left, it may be the sights.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very nice!!! I love the XDM 9 I want one bad!!! Congrats and enjoy your "M"!!!!!:twisted:

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
strange... you seem to be a bit low and to the left. I seem to be having the same issue. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
strange... you seem to be a bit low and to the left. I seem to be having the same issue. Any thoughts ?
I noticed the same thing. It seemed to get better after 500 rounds. I want to run another 100 to see how it goes. I suspect it's "breaking in" and all the parts are wearing into each other.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Too much trigger finger. Just the tip of the finger and go straight back. Your hits will go center and you will smile. Trigger Jerking is common with the XD.

OS

·
Registered
107 Posts
Too much trigger finger. Just the tip of the finger and go straight back. Your hits will go center and you will smile. Trigger Jerking is common with the XD.

OS
+1

I had the same issue until I really started using just the pad of the finger for the trigger. It made a pretty big difference right away.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Put 150 rounds through mine today not even 24 hours too. It's a great shooting gun!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrat and Have fun with the new M

+1

I had the same issue until I really started using just the pad of the finger for the trigger. It made a pretty big difference right away.
Ditto..especially when going from my glock to the M at the range. A little dry fire first to get used to the trigger and I'm fine.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Wouldn't trigger jerk cause the round to go to the right ? Assuming a right handed shooter, of course. There's a chart on the wall of the range and I think that it said "not enough trigger finger" . I might be totally wrong though...

Sorry for the highjack, but perhaps it will help both of us !

it was a little different than this one:

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
seeing your pictures really makes me want an XDM... and my xd9 is a month and 3 days old... Might have to get a xdm40 and keep the xd9... or both...

·
Registered
172 Posts
5 minutes from purchase and put 150 rounds through mine. Damn I love this gun!!!!!

XDm 9mm bi-tone, everyone at the range had to see it. I think I converted a Glock owner, he shot mine and went to see if they had any more.

Mailed off the rewards receipt already, now wait and see how long to get the mags and pouch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts