Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
At my handgun class today the teacher and 2 other students were talking about how aerosal breakfree products are to be stayed away from it at all possible. I'm curious if you know why they might have said this or if you have heard anything negative about breakfree CLP or it being in an aerosal can.

P.S.
I do have the blue wonder kit but sometimes afterwards I wipe down with the CLP so I'm concerned

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Breakfree CLP is not harmful to a firearm - quite the opposite is true. I use it on my AR15.

I would agree that I would recommend staying from the aerosal version though. It has nothing to do with harming your firearm though. It's just a pain to control where it goes where you're cleaning your gun. I use the non-aerosal version only. You can put a drop here or there as part of your cleaning (e.g., on a bore patch) or you can use far more on a rag for wiping down parts. I suspect this is the only reason why you heard a negative comment on aerosal Breakfree CLP.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The military uses CLP. There's nothing wrong with it. +1 on the lack of controllability from the spray can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts