Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current oil of choice is Break-Free but I've been hearing some good things about M-Pro 7 and I'm thinking of giving it a try. Anyone care to compare/contrast on M-Pro and their experiences with it versus Break-Free? Also, how well do their cleaning chemicals work and are they worth the money?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Basically the same thing. I have both and just grab either one. I think the breakfree cleans a little better. Just stick to whatever you want but no real difference in the clps

sent via snail mail

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, scrappletaco. I've used Break-Free since I was introduced to it in 1987 during boot camp. I've heard claims that the M-Pro 7 is better, but nobody has been able to tell me how or why it's superior. I'll just stick with what has served me well for 24 years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Your welcome my mother threw some mp7 in my stocking last xmas. I use it but its basically the same

sent via snail mail

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
MP-7 cleaner works great.
No bad smell (passes the wife test) and only tales a few passes in the bore for it to shine.
I still use Break Free to oil, have not found anything that works better.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
MP-7 cleaner is awsome. Its my new cleaner for all my guns but I have not tried their oil. After using their cleaner I have no doubt that their oil is good. I highly recommend Tetra oil and Gun Butter. Neither one of them dries out and they stay where you put it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Before I switched to using Frog Lube, I used M-7 oil over birchwood gun oil.. It's a little thicker, and tends to stick/adhere better than the lighter birchwood oil. M-7 would be my choice of gun oil if I wasn't using Frog lube...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts