Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I've been lurking around AR Talk for a few weeks now. I decided that I would finally take the plunge and instead of buy my first AR I'm going to build one. A local dealer ordered me a CMMG stripped lower today. It cost me $135 and should be in next week. So,I am going to start buying some parts, starting with an LPK and grip.

Being in NY, I need to get a fixed stock (or pin a collapsable which I don't care for). Besides ACE, do any other companies offer a good fixed length stock?

The build is going to be a SHTF, HD and range weapon (nothing over 100-200 yards). It will either be a 16" mid-length or a 14.5",with a pinned muzzle brake. Any suggestions on which would be better for my use? I am leaning towards a CMMG upper or a Del-Ton (but thier customer service has failed to respond to my inquiries).

Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
You could do what I did and move out of NY after 40 long years :cool:

After that, with no possibility of an adjustable stock, and for the purposes you mentioned, just get a regular old A2 stock. Put the money you save towards other, more important components...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could do what I did and move out of NY after 40 long years :cool:

After that, with no possibility of an adjustable stock, and for the purposes you mentioned, just get a regular old A2 stock. Put the money you save towards other, more important components...
Would love to move outta here, just not an option right now. I can purchase an adjustable stock, I just need to blind pin it in place. It is an option, just wondering if there was anything out there besides the ACE products.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm sure you could buy a pinned M4 stock from somewhere. I still see them being sold from someone, I just can't remember the name right now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
LOL- I know you can buy a pinned stock. What I'm saying is why pay for one?

The arfcom EE is full of cheap A2 stocks. The only benefit to a pinned, adjustable stock is the tacticool factor. Just seems like a waste...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking for some opinions on which would be better, a 16" mid-length or a 14.5", both would have a pinned muzzle brake. The build is going to be a SHTF, HD and range weapon (nothing probably over 100-200 yards). And I would eventually like to run optics. Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe the only practical difference between the carbine and the mid length is slightly less recoil with the middy. Accuracy, reliability etc are all about the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts