Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are you holding it with the bottom of the mag parallel to the ground? If you are cocking it to the side the brass will get thrown in your face. Gangsta Grip don't work.

If it is not how you are holding it, I have no idea.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Sig Sauer P220 did the same for the first 600 rounds or so I put through her. Even put a nasty scar above my right eye when a piece of hot brass got caught between my goggles and my skin. Made me say cuss words I didn't even know I knew...lol. But after she got worked out she got nice and sweet. Such is life and such is the nature of a woman. Tight spring? Evil disposition? Who knows and who can say for sure? Just keep workin' that little lady out and I do believe she might relax. :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had my XD9 for a year now, I mostly shoot Winchester 100 rnd value pack and haven't experienced that before. I wouldn't think it would be an ammo problem but stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had my XD9 for a year now, I mostly shoot Winchester 100 rnd value pack and haven't experienced that before. I wouldn't think it would be an ammo problem but stranger things have happened.
I have put about 700 rnds. through it so far. Magtech PMC Lellier&Bellot, and it has happened maybe 20 times. My xd 45 has never done this. It runs flawless other than this. It just a little distracting when a hot case goes down the collar of your shirt.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Brass in the face, brass in the face, looking like a fool with your brass in your face.

Does your extractor looked damaged? (bent, cracked, so dirty you can't tell it's there?)
Does it do the same thing with other ammo?

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
My XD 45 Tac only throughs brass at the guy standing to close to my right.... :) Gives him good reason to back up.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
my xd9 is shooting brass in my face, what is wrong with this? It cant be normal. Am shooting Lellier&Bellot 115 gr.
Loose grip or breaking the wrist as you fire will cause this.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
My guess is the extractor. My Gen 3 G19 recently had this issue and no, it was not the common Glock fanboy it mustbe limp wristing crap. I end up replacing the stock extractor with an LWD extractor and problem went away, about 800 rounds now without a single piece of brass to my face.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had this same problem with my FNP-45. After about 200 rounds the rounds stopped hitting me in the face or bouncing off the top of the slide. My guess is that the recoil spring needed time to loosen up a bit.

·
Registered
313 Posts
my xd 45 does it too, usualy on the first and last round it just pops up and land on top of my head. its been less and less consistent on doing it though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
try a solid guide rod and 19# spring if it bugs you.
I can put a 5 gallon bucket on the ground and just about every single one lands in it, regardless of magazine.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i was at the range today and had a shell drop neatly into my shirt pocket... i'm not sure if it was thrown back at me or if it bounced off the wall of the range stall. i'm leaning towards range stall wall though as it's the only time it's happened, although i've only put about 200 rnds through my 9mm sc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My xd 9 4 inch does that with Tulammo but never with brass, I would guess that if you shot a heavier load it would stop. Also I wonder if your mags are super new there would be more upward pressure from the next round and when they break in it would cease.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I once had a brass casing bounce off the wall of my shooting lane at the indoor range. It landed behind my glasses and left a lovely C-shaped burn between my eyelid and eyebrow. I doubt I could make that happen again if I tried, lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts