Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a huge deal just inconvenient for the people next to me at the range. My Del-ton upper launches the brass about 10ft to the right and behind me. I've seen others that kind of shoot the brass to the front. Is this an issue that can be tweeked with a different extractor buffer, or do I just get a brass catcher?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Being new to AR's I don't know if I have a deflector or not. Were do I look?

Looked it up, yes it has a deflector

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Sounds like a personal problem to me! ;) j/k!

Anyhow, my AK does that too, but I figured it was just the design. But as far as my AR goes, there are times when my brass is ejected farther than normal, but it's not anything I'm worried about. If you are inconveniencing/bothering people with it, then sure by the brass catcher. But as long as your rifle is firing and cycling ok then you really should not "tweak" anything on it.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Try a heavier buffer, it will shorten the distance empties are thrown by slowing down the cyclic rate. Or try a Wolff extra power buffer spring, carbine model is WF-BS.

10 feet isn't too far. Upgrading to the H buffer will probably shorten the distance to around 6 ft or so.

Ejected distance will also depend on how "hot" you ammo is.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'll go the catcher route. I would hate to start messing with springs and such when it cycles just fine now. If it aint broke don't fix it so to speak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts