Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought my xd home from layaway today!! I took it to the range today and I shot 150 rounds of cheap blazer through it. It ate it up, no problems!

I shot it next to my dad's glock 26

-the rocoil was snappier than expected
-seemed a little thicker than 26
-I liked the stock sights
-I got hit in the glasses once by brass and 4 or 5 times in the head from brass. Brass was shooting out right over right shoulder most of the time. Didn't get hit at all by glock 26.
-much better to shoot with the extended mag!!
-just wasn't as fun to shoot as I thought it would be
-it went "bang" everytime I pulled the trigger
-it seemed like I really had to pull the trigger almost all the way back until the gun fired.
-the reset was also long
-I really liked how the gun felt in my hand. It had good weight-distribution

I'm not trying to come across as bashing the xd. I've pretty much shot glocks and sigs, so this is a change. I really like everything about it, its just going to have to be "broken-in" I suppose. I will be taking it out to the range this saturday for another 150-200 rounds, so maybe it will impress me some more.

Overall, nice gun, but its going to have to prove to me its as reliable as the glock 26. So far, so good!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The first time I had mine out, I also shot my Dad's G23(about 10 yrs old). Mind you, I have a XD-40 Service, so they are both the same size guns.
The XD felt way better, was more accurate, the trigger felt easier to pull. The Glock handle did feel a very tiny bit smaller(narrower), but not so much that it would cause a different feeling in my hands. Hands down, I'd buy another XD before I bought a Glock. And on top of that, the Glock is about $200 more than the XD.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a really nice little gun. I can't wait to go back out saturday and shoot it some more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts