Springfield XD Forum banner

brand new xds, round will not seat in chamber..

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  SonOfOdin 
#1 ·
Just got home with my xds 9mm. When I rack the slide and chamber a round the slide does not seat all the way forward and the round doesn't seat in the barrel. Yes I am using 9mm blazer ammo and this pistol is indeed a 9mm.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Are you locking the slide back, inserting mag, releasing slide? Per owner's manual. After some rounds down range it will loosen up and chamber with slingshot, but may be stiff when new.

#6 ·
Maybe the barrel is chambered for 380. That would explain the problem. Try dropping a 380 round into it and see it it fits flush.
please add smiley face - XDs in 380? :rolleyes:

#7 ·
hey wait a second - just looked at your pics, did not see when replied from my phone. Second pic looks like completely in battery, rear of brass even with the two lugs extending from back of chamber. It is not designed for all way in flush with edge of chamber.

#9 ·
More than likely, the brass could be a little bit too long, causing a lockup issue.

Why do I say that? I have had many examples of high end defense ammo (Winchester Ranger, Federal super-.357 mag deer destroyers, Golden Saber) cause problems like this. Albeit, my examples of brass that was too long was all in .45 ACP. I had a bad round of winchester ranger stop a brand new HK45C in it's tracks. After scientific examination, it was the case that was too long.

Or, try it from slide-lock and see if that works.

Visually compare it to another round that WILL chamber and see if the brass is too long.

My XDS 4.0 will do the same if I monkey with the slide and reduce its inertia too much. Never from slide lock yet. If I rode the slide home while chambering it might do this. Nothing wrong with it, as it functions 100% under operation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.